New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Interesting insight regarding inaccuracy. I travel 5000km/month. I guess I need to get something good.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Nung nagpapalit ako ng gulong, sa tire shop eh 30 psi. Palagay ko naman accurate yung mga nasa tire shop. 22 psi lang reading sa nabili ko. Akala ko kasi eh reliable na yung nabili ko kasi parang okay naman yung Elevo na brand. Php 270 bili ko sa handyman

Ganito itsura nya:
    tire-pressure-gauge.png

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^^^
    May nabasa pa kasi ako jan ANSI Grade B accuracy. Hahaha. Nadali ako sa marketing strategy nila. Akala ko talagang accurate dahil sa label na yun.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Up lang mga bro.

Nakabili ako sa Handyman, Dial type, Elevo ang brand. Hindi accurate. Minus 8 psi sya, nagpapalit kasi ako ng tire then pinainflate ko ng 30psi lahat ng gulong. Ang reading lang sa nabili ko eh 22 psi. So naisip ko agad na etong binili ko ang hindi accurate kasi yung iba din naming sasakyan eh 30psi din, ang reading lang din eh 22 psi.

Wala ba talagang tire pressure gauge ang mabibiling accurate? Yung pen type ko, minus 5 naman. Kung digital kaya, accurate? TIA
    using a permanent marker pen, write on the clear plastic cover, the "correct pressures". this is the easiest way to "correct" your erroneous tire pressure gauge.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    using a permanent marker pen, write on the clear plastic cover, the "correct pressures". this is the easiest way to "correct" your erroneous tire pressure gauge.
    Hahaha. Nice one bro

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Hahaha. Nice one bro
    yespo.
    but it's true. within their useful range, those springs have a linear relation with pressure.
    what i do, is to mark the pressures that i use. never mind the others. and to make sure the dial cover doesn't move, i glue the edges.

i measure the "correct" tire pressure with an accurate gauge. then i use my dial gauge. whatever mark my needle points to, i write the "correct pressure".

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yespo.
    but it's true. within their useful range, those springs have a linear relation with pressure.
    what i do, is to mark the pressures that i use. never mind the others. and to make sure the dial cover doesn't move, i glue the edges.

i measure the "correct" tire pressure with an accurate gauge. then i use my dial gauge. whatever mark my needle points to, i write the "correct pressure".
    Good tip. Just make sure the gauge is precise, i.e. it gives the same result even when you measure multiple times. Then you can mark the spot you need.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Accuracy vs Precision

Accuracy is how close a measured value is to the actual (true) value.
    Precision is how close the measured values are to each other.

Examples:

Low Accuracy, High Precision

High Accuracy, Low Precision

High Accuracy, High Precision

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Here's my new tire pressure gauge. No time to test yet so I will just give my first impression of the Stetho-Gauge.

Build quality is good and feels solid. There is a serial number sticker on the gauge body. Each unit has a different serial number so no fakes here. Sticker says "International Patents Pending. Made in Taiwan."

The face of the gauge is very clear and easy to read. On the left side, there is a crest and the word "Hafner" underneath. I could only assume that it uses parts from "Hafner" (Philipp Hafner GmbH & Co. KG), a high-precision parts and equipment manufacturer in Germany.

The unit comes with a plastic storage case. There is a sticker with "How To Use" instructions at the back of the case. The packaging mentioned "ANSI Grade B Accuracy" and "Shock Resistant" among other features. There is instructions and illustrations at the back of the packaging.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    magkano ang stetho gauge bro?

Yung sa uncle ko, stetho gauge, early 2000's pa nya yun. Until now, okay pa din, medyo hindi na nga lang accurate. Sa kalumaan na lang din siguro, around 10years na siguro yung tire gauge nya na yun. Ang estimate ko 30-32 psi yung gulong, sa casa ko pa pina-Inflate, halos 5 hours din kame sa casa so nung ininflate yung tire, malamang cold na.Ssa tire gauge ko (Elevo brand) 22 psi, sa kanyang gauge (Stetho) 26 psi.
    Last edited by andrewnathaniel; November 25th, 2014 at 01:44 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Dial type vs. Pen type tire gauge