New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most cars use Dexron III (or II) ATF for the powersteering fluid. Its best to follow whatever the manufacturer prescribes para wala nang turuan. Someone tried the STP PS fluid on his Altis and it started making noises while functioning; he replaced it with Dexron III as prescribed, nawala yung sound.

On stop leaks, it's just a band aid solution if ever. Still better to bite the bullet and go for a proper repair.

*Shadow, labo nga ng Honda, sila lang so far naencounter ko na may PS fluid na kelangan gamitin. Other makes we've owned, tranmission fluid ang ginagamit, nagkakaiba lang sa fluid type (i.e. Dexron IIE, III, Mercon, etc...). Pati yung gear oil ng Honda, motor oil yung naka prescribe. :D

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    thank you for your insights..

Hanap muna ako ng mag repair and how much kung kaya ng budget pa ayos ko na. if not temporary solution muna or

PS stop leak. leak naman niya around a teaspoon every 3days.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi, I've personally tried the product and I must say it works.

However, my power steering was leaking for quite some time already, I needed to top up every 2 weeks. When I started using Cyclo, halos monthly nalang ako mag-top-up, so I can say it definitely reduced the leak. Mas maganda pa siguro yung nagamit ko na agad to nung nagsisimula pa yung leak.

By the way, the leaks in my system was in the steering rack.

Kung hindi pa malala yung leak, this might really help.
    Last edited by kotiko; March 7th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just try it, 300 petot is not that heavy in the pocket. Better to try than to wait 'till your gear box need total replacement. Mas magastos yon as what some Crosswind owners did.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    the best solution is still to replace the leaking component be it the high pressure hose or the p/s pump seal. it is synonymous to spraying air freshener in a room with a dead rat to alleviate the smell. masking the problem only creates more. as with the leak, the rubber components around it such as suspension bushings, belts, brake hose, cooling system hoses and other rubber components gets damaged by the oil soak. repair the oil leak as soon as possible

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Had my ride checked by a mechanic. He told me that the O rings should be replaced. I called up Walco ( for Isuzu parts)

sabi 2500 pesos for the repair kit. I don't know how much ang labor. Maybe try ko muna itong cyclo and have it fixed

until I can find a good shop and have the budget.

thank you all for the insights. Now I have to look for shops specializing in PS repair, ayaw ko kasi kahit kanino lang

paggalaw baka dumami sira or something.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi just to give feedback baka makatulong din sa iba experience ko.

what I did was replaced all my tires. due na rin kasi pudpod na and hindi balance ang kain ng gulong.

have a full allignment. Ayun gumanda ang steering. I observed that the leak humina if dati a drop in a day naging a drop in 3 days. So malaking improvement. then I bought Cyclo stop leak (379 at Ace). replaced fluid sa reservoir, hindi

naubos yung 1 bottle of cyclo ( 12oz). after 2 days nawala yung leak. Hopefully hindi na bumalik ang leak and this

product will not harm further my PS system.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    help! kelangan ba ubusin ko muna laman nong reservoir or pwede na ihalo, if pwede ano yong proportion? or kelangan ba mismong yong cyclo lang yong fluid nandun. ang leak ay nasa repair kit at meron ding konti sa rack, toyota corolla xe 97. mga 1teaspoon a day yong leakage every 4days nag a-add ako. pinackeck ko sa technician gagastos daw ako ng more than 10k para palitan yong rack n pinion, pero sabi niya pede pa di nmn daw ganon ka lakas yong tagas. tnx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cyclo Power Steering Stop Leak