New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Good day fellow tskikoteers!
    Do you have any ideas on how much would it cost me to repair a broken CVjoint or axle? Whenever i turn left or right, may naririnig ako na parang nag ra-rattle, parang kadena yung tunog na ewan. and any reputable shop na pwede puntahan regarding this concern?? Salamats!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CRV, siguro aabutin ka ng mga 8k, including the boot.
    when i changed mine sa sentra, inabot ng 4k.
    pero baka hindi sa CV joint yan.....since ang rattle is more on the joints...
    have it checked muna.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    CRV, siguro aabutin ka ng mga 8k, including the boot.
    when i changed mine sa sentra, inabot ng 4k.
    pero baka hindi sa CV joint yan.....since ang rattle is more on the joints...
    have it checked muna.

Thanks mate! haaay gastos nga naman )

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by josephjared22 View Post
    Good day fellow tskikoteers!
    Do you have any ideas on how much would it cost me to repair a broken CVjoint or axle? Whenever i turn left or right, may naririnig ako na parang nag ra-rattle, parang kadena yung tunog na ewan. and any reputable shop na pwede puntahan regarding this concern?? Salamats!
    Sure ba na CV joint or axle? I had the same problem w/ my 1st gen CRV. Grinding sound from the rear whenever I would make a hard right or left turn, lalo na pag U-turn. Turned out to be the rear diff. Honda Mkti estimated the cost at arnd 20k++. Didn't have the money so I had the drive shaft (or whatever it is you call that shaft that connects the front & rear diff) removed. The car no longer had 4WD. Full-time 4x2 na lang. Sold it to a relative, told the buyer about the situation, and he didn't mind.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Sure ba na CV joint or axle? I had the same problem w/ my 1st gen CRV. Grinding sound from the rear whenever I would make a hard right or left turn, lalo na pag U-turn. Turned out to be the rear diff. Honda Mkti estimated the cost at arnd 20k++. Didn't have the money so I had the drive shaft (or whatever it is you call that shaft that connects the front & rear diff) removed. The car no longer had 4WD. Full-time 4x2 na lang. Sold it to a relative, told the buyer about the situation, and he didn't mind.
    Nung tinanggal boss nawala yung sound?