New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi guys ask ko lang if Honda is reasonably pricing replacement of my rear wheel bearing. initially, wheel bearing lang but upon installation they figure out the following to be replaced:

left side bearing
    right side(rear): wheel bearing, half (or whole bearing) & knuckle arm

and the kicker, I was quoted for almost Php33k!

Ok ba ang pricing na to? please advise po your recommendations if I decide NOT to have it repaired coz 32k is too much for me..nasa how much lang ba talga ang bearing outside the casa??

Please help

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by princess0219 View Post
    Hi guys ask ko lang if Honda is reasonably pricing replacement of my rear wheel bearing. initially, wheel bearing lang but upon installation they figure out the following to be replaced:

left side bearing

Ok ba ang pricing na to? please advise po your recommendations if I decide NOT to have it repaired coz 32k is too much for me..nasa how much lang ba talga ang bearing outside the casa??

Please help

The price quoted is correct ... if you are going to have it done at the casa. A big chunk of profit that local car companies make are not from the cars they sell, it's from the services and parts they sell directly through their dealerships (casa).

Try inquiring the same items to be replaced at shops like SPEEDLAB and SPEEDYFIX. It will surely be cheaper if done outside the casa. (Avoid "Rapide" at all costs!)

SPEEDLAB
    871 Quezon Ave. Quezon City
    Tel. 376-4648, 376-4651
    http://www.speedlab.com.ph

SPEEDYFIX
    312 Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
    SHOP - (02) 717-4202
    MIGS - (0917) 534-7636
    http://www.speedyfixph.com/
    Monday to Saturday, 9am to 6pm
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 12th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    incredibleu!! ang mahal pala!

replacement part na lang kung meron. nasa harap naman ang drive ng crv eh.

grabe... 32K. parang engine swap. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    May 2007

left side bearing

Please help
    Wooooow! 33 thousands.......

CRV bearing here are somewhere around $45.00 to 85.00. I do believe the have the same fitment of USDM crv into your crv. I suggest you to look somewhere else.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You can also check if you can get bearings from Bearing Centers in Caloocan/Manila. It would be the cheapest. Since it's cheap, replace all of your bearings or at least both sides of the rear for optimum performance.

make sure to buy Japan/Germany made bearings only. NTN is a good japanese brand. FAG is a good German brand (if I'm not mistaken, they do make bearings for Honda or compatible).

SKF and NSK are very good brands of bearings too.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thanks for tips guys!

take note it's not just the bearing thats needed to be replaced on the right side of my rear vehicle... knuckle arm, half or whole bearing ?? and those alone costs ph28k.

the bearing alone costs ph2,500/ea plus labor so I don't have problems with that. Except when they collapse the vehicle they advised that the above 3 parts needs replacement.

Anyway I tried inquiring from speedyfix here and he advised that in most cases the knuckle arm of whathaveyous can be repaired naman so I am pulling out my vehicle anytime soon from the casa. I think this goes to show as well that a casa always suggests replacement of the parts rather than fixing it and that explains the huge figure

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    thanks for tips guys!

take note it's not just the bearing thats needed to be replaced on the right side of my rear vehicle... knuckle arm, half or whole bearing ?? and those alone costs ph28k.

the bearing alone costs ph2,500/ea plus labor so I don't have problems with that. Except when they collapse the vehicle they advised that the above 3 parts needs replacement.

Anyway I tried inquiring from speedyfix here and he advised that in most cases the knuckle arm of whathaveyous can be repaired naman so I am pulling out my vehicle anytime soon from the casa. I think this goes to show as well that a casa always suggests replacement of the parts rather than fixing it and that explains the huge figure
    Casa....they dont repair, they just replaced. Ask speedy for discount sabihin mong tsikoteers karin.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for tips guys!

in any casa, they automtically replace. they are not allowed to repair kaya palit lang sila ng palit which make's the price shooting sky high. surely outside reputable shops can easily fix the same problem at absolute cheaper than casa prce with the same end result.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I think we can find a cheaper wheel hub bearing will cost you about 4000+ and the knuckle arm ... you can change the bushing for that ... which will cost you about 1000+ ..... from my estimate you have to change the bushing in the knuckle arm ... I know is around 3 bushing each side ... plus press in and out

Banawe Auto Supply
    regy

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    in any casa, they automtically replace. they are not allowed to repair kaya palit lang sila ng palit which make's the price shooting sky high. surely outside reputable shops can easily fix the same problem at absolute cheaper than casa prce with the same end result.
    plus from what I hear, the car dealerships dont really make money from selling the car... they make most of the $$$ from service and parts sales... kaya pag konting cra lng, they will say, "sir palitan na natin LAHAT!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
crv bearing ph32k??