New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Karag2 View Post
    in my experience, gas station guage are not so accurate either...
    shell magallanes and shell sucat (both use digital guage) have a
    difference of +/-2 psi...

had my tires inflated at 30psi at magallanes then when passing by
    shell sucat had it inflated again... the reading was 2psi more than
    in magallanes...

tried it the other way around... first at shell sucat, at 30 psi then
    went to magallanes... tire was under inflated by the same 2psi...

one might say that the air was warm when i got to the other station...
    might be the case... pero might serve as a warning to some guys na
    "sinasagad" ang tire psi to the max, for fuel economy... you might be
    actually putting on more than the max recomended psi...
    sir, totoo yan... iba iba yung calibration ng mga gas stations. the one in magallanes is the same with my pressure gauge kaya dun na ko nagpapalagay lagi ng hangin...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ask ko lang opinon niyo. Been using the same tire guage for over a year. Tire is inflated with nitrogen. Have not refilled for around 4 months. This morning, had the tires checked at the tire shop, reading was only 28 psi, using their tire guage. My guage reads 34 psi. Refilled with nitrogen, 34 psi as recommended by the car manufacturer. To my suprise, my guage reads 40 psi vs the tire shops 34psi. So discrepancy of 6 psi between the 2 guages. Which one do you think is correct? I know that tire guages are not accurate but 6 psi difference between the 2 is big. Which one do I follow?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I've read dito din sa tsikot long ago na mas accurate yung mga dial type na gauge kaysa sa pen types. Balak kong bumili nung tig-399 sa ace hardware OKS kaya yun? Kasi yung plastic na dial-type ko na tig-100 lang ata e bumigay na ala pang isang taon.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Tire is inflated with nitrogen. Have not refilled for around 4 months. This morning, had the tires checked at the tire shop, reading was only 28 psi, using their tire guage. My guage reads 34 psi. Refilled with nitrogen, 34 psi as recommended by the car manufacturer. To my suprise, my guage reads 40 psi vs the tire shops 34psi. So discrepancy of 6 psi between the 2 guages.
    almost same experience as yours. had my tires and wheels replaced so had them filled with nitrogen to 30psi. after a few days, i thought to reinflate the tires higher to 35/33 in another branch of the shop na. they were using the built-in dial type gauge nung N2 inflator. but when i was running the car na, i can feel the hardness so i stopped to recheck the tires with my cheapo dial type gauge, and whoah... about 44psi sa likod and more than that sa harap. me warning pa naman sa sidewall not to inflate to more than 44psi to seat the beads of new tires.

anyway, on topic: sa analog, it's more of the psk type. push on and pull off in an instant lang. while on my digital tire gauge, it specifically intructs to let the gauge sample the air pressure for a few seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Correct way of using tire gauge