New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Where can I bring my springs to get them compressed? I want to do this to lower the ride height.

Inputs will be appreciated. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's a bad idea.

If you want to lower your ride height (I believe you already created a thread regarding this before), do it properly.

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Where can I bring my springs to get them compressed? I want to do this to lower the ride height.

lowering your car's suspension via stock springs would mean one of two possible options: cutting or heating.

Cutting - a shop will cut off one or two coils. This would results in a stiffer ride and the spring might also come off the perch.

Heating - a shop will heat two points of the spring to make it collapse a coil or two. This would change the properties of the metal, making it prone to cracking or snapping.

Best is to purchase proper lowering springs for your car. Going the "cheap" way is going to cost you more in the long run.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last I checked, PhP9,000-PhP14,000 may lowering springs ka na.

Hanap ka na lang ng lowering springs sa For Sale threads ng HCP. EK naman ang ride mo, hindi ganoon kahirap maghanap at sandamukal ang springs para sa EK mo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    That's a bad idea.

If you want to lower your ride height (I believe you already created a thread regarding this before), do it properly.

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde
    Hindi po ako nag create nun. Baka ako nga pero nalimot ko na. hehehe. Sige po. Neuspeed greens na nga lang. ipon mode.

Another query would be, is it a must that you change the shocks as well when you integrate it with lowering springs?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Another query would be, is it a must that you change the shocks as well when you integrate it with lowering springs?
    I would say yes...pero depende pa rin sa spring.

There are lowering springs that say they can work well even with OEM shocks: TEIN S-Tech/H-Tech, Tanabe NF210, Eibach Pro-Kit...the common denominator among all these springs is they don't lower your car more than 1.5"

If you plan to drop the ride height any lower, you will need to get better shocks that can handle the reduced suspension travel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    AFAIK, neuspeed are the cheapest among the bunch and the drop is 1.5. Pwede na bang di ako magpalit pag ito gamit ko?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post

they are right, imho, compressed springs are more dangerous than putol springs. why?

putol springs would only risk your suspension parts, and you risk them having fall off.

compressed springs, since they are heated, not only risk your suspension parts and since they are heated, the metal components get weaker and are compromissed. they may get brittle and split into pieces.

if you are in a budget, you can try this:

a) get second hand quality branded springs.
    b) get brand new R1 springs, but i am telling you. scrammbled egg ka dito.
    c) try to go to Cruven or to Zee, and they can lower your shock mounts up to a certain level. I was in Cruven Sucat yesterday and talked to Manny (the branch manager there). he mentioned to me that this is safe na din, but they can only do this up to a certain level so that the shock mounts will not touch the top of your tire. He then cited to me an example sa oto ko, wherein, ubra daw ibaba pa yun up to 1 inch lang daw dahil sasayad na yung goma ko. That way, your ride will still be comfortable dahil stock shocks/springs pa din ang gamit. Their labor daw is 650/spring.

i was supposed to try option c yesterday but i changed my mind. after all i am already contented with my ride height and quality. gumagamit lang ako ng series 65/15 na tires para 4 finger (around two inches) gap ang front fenders ko. ayus na yun.

OT: nagpagawa na lang ako ng left rack end joint, right rear wheel bearing and two engine supports kahapon...

Compressed OEM Springs