New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Just when I thought this thing doesn't exist.

Anyways, I don't have the guts to mess up the stock suspensions of the car yet!
    Coilovers

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Just when I thought this thing doesn't exist.

Anyways, I don't have the guts to mess up the stock suspensions of the car yet!
    Coilovers
    I've had coilovers... they're awesome when you're at speed... nagiging stable bigla yung kotse, kahit maraming imperfection or dips sa kayle. I remember whenever I ran fast through and jumped the southbound way of Guadalupe bridge. unstable sya noong KYB lang shocks ko... pero with coils (and even now with bilstein+H&R) stable ang landing at speed...

Pero I had to give up on coils coz they blew too often. I decided better to go Bilstein HDs instead para long lasting naman.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post
    I've had coilovers... they're awesome when you're at speed... nagiging stable bigla yung kotse, kahit maraming imperfection or dips sa kayle. I remember whenever I ran fast through and jumped the southbound way of Guadalupe bridge. unstable sya noong KYB lang shocks ko... pero with coils (and even now with bilstein+H&R) stable ang landing at speed...

Pero I had to give up on coils coz they blew too often. I decided better to go Bilstein HDs instead para long lasting naman.
    What do you mean when you say, "they blew too often"?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    What do you mean when you say, "they blew too often"?
    He means the seals fail often resulting in leaks. Coilovers are rebuildable though.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post

I've had Bilstein HD on my Ford Focus, not really true on long lasting kasi normal driving lang ako most of the time. Isang beses ko lang na-track yung car ko, pero one of the front shocks, has this "lagatok" when on low speed unstable roads. Pero on highspeed unstable roads, no noise.

Back to the question, yes, coilovers will give you good handling and plus you can adjust the height and the damper settings but you will suffer on the comfort side. Kahit pinaka-soft setting, it is still harsh.

Malala pa, if you have man-boobs, aalog alog talaga lalu pag sa EDSA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12