New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi,

Last week while driving along EDSA south bound approaching the Q Ave flyover, I hit this huge pot hole at maybe ~60Kph, it was a pretty strong impact, enough to send the center cap of my VTI-S mags flying ahead of me.

Anyway, that impact caused the side wall of my front, driver side tire to have a bulge, I've replaced the tire (both front tires) but since then there has been this clicking sound coming from that place. it isn't that loud, but when the car is coasting along flat pavement, I can clearly hear it. The clicking sound goes faster the faster the car moves and slower as the car slows down.

I've has the suspension checked at Cruven this morning and they didn't find anything unusual - they put the car on a lift, wiggled a couple of joints, took off the shocks and springs and checked them as well. they didn't really find anything. while they were at it, I also had the brake pads replaced with bendix, the quiet ones.

After that, there is still the clicking sound. could it be that the impact shattered something in the wheel bearing? Cruven said that if it was the wheel bearing it would have made a different sound, so they didn't take the wheel bearing apart to check it.

Any ideas on what this clicking sound coming from the front driver side wheel could be?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did you get the wheel in question checked if it is still straight?

Or is it distorted slightly to lightly rub against something like the suspension strut or coil spring?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    na test drive din ba with cruven mechanic para siya mismo ang makapagidentify ng sound na ito, baka yan ang sound ng mahiwagang tunog ni kuya pepe... joke only/

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    baka naman may malaking bato na nakaipit sa gulong mo since nagpalit ka..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Did you get the wheel in question checked if it is still straight?

Or is it distorted slightly to lightly rub against something like the suspension strut or coil spring?
    It is still straight, when I had the tires changed they wheel balanced it and I had them checked if it's "oblong" last Friday 08/13.

But you gave me an idea, the wheel weights they put in, they put in in the inner rim, held on by tape... maybe it's loose or it's coming in contact with the caliper or something ... I only noticed the clicking sound after the tire change ... maybe that's just me not paying attention and playing the stereo all the time .... but thanks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *raine, na test drive nila, pero kamot ulo lang sila.

*yapoy86, yan actually una kong na check, wala naman.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    baka nga yung wheel weights tumatama sa caliper or may maluwag sa caliper... worst yung bearing..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    baka nga yung wheel weights tumatama sa caliper or may maluwag sa caliper... worst yung bearing..
    yup, thanks! Check ko sila bukas ng umaga .... worst is yung hindi ko alam kung ano yung issue ... di ako mapalagay hehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    wheel weights nga. naka laylay yung isa at yun yung nag ccocontact sa caliper making the click sound :|

salamat sa lahat ng nag reply!

Clicking sound front driver side - 97 Accord