New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the replies guys. Nalalambutan kasi talaga ako sa kyb thailand made. Mas may control ang KYB na japan.

Jay,
    I'll list down your number just in case kukuha ako. Was able to ask around and price range in 3.5k to 4k. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Medyo duda ako sa Ginza but to tell you the truth those are the brand of rear shocks we're using in the MB100 for the past year na siguro. No complaints. But the brand is relatively unknown so I wouldn't recommend it yet.
    how abt the original shocks that can be bought at honda casa, what brand is it? would you still recommend it than the ginza brand?

do you have any idea what brand and where i could buy a better shocks other than ginza?

tks/jojo

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Try canvassing from Partstar. It's an auto supply in Pasay that sells OEM parts for Hondas. Coming from Makati, take EDSA towards the Mall Of Asia but turn right at Taft Ave. Not too far from the corner you will see their store to your right. Here's the address & contact #s:
    Partstar Automotive Inc.
    2762 Taft Avenue Extension
    Pasay City, Manila, Philippines
    Tel: (632) 8319383, 5110446, 5110447
    Fax: (632) 8319382
    Web: http://www.partstar.com.ph

They also have a branch in Alabang along the Alabang-Zapote Road near Toyota Alabang, I just forgot the name of their store there.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ok Sir Djerms. For shock absorber talaga KYB ang best brand. OEM ang KYB ng most Japanese car manufacturers.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    yup subic lite ko, naka TEMS, as i recall, KYB nakaengrave sa shocks nuong pinarefill ko siya kay zee

(laking silbi ng TEMS lalo na sa hway driving!)
    Sir ala po kami nung TEMS. Na confirm ko na po sa supplier.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by josor30 View Post
    hi guys,

the front shocks of my crv 02 model is now busted and need your help as to where i cud buy a cheapest shock. as per honda casa, front shocks cost php 8,500/pc. as per other auto supply, they offered a ginza brand that costs php2200 only.

can you give me some inputs if ginza is ok as replacement for my front shocks???

tks a lot guys.

jojo
    Ipa-restore mo na lang yan sa Cruven. Php800/shock. I was there in Cruven Sucat a week back at ok naman yung restoration ng front shocks ng Altis ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by centum View Post
    Ipa-restore mo na lang yan sa Cruven. Php800/shock. I was there in Cruven Sucat a week back at ok naman yung restoration ng front shocks ng Altis ko.
    In my experience, Cruven/Zee shock absorber repairs would not last a year.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I would not recommend shock repairs. I've had my share of shock repairs before and almost all of them did not last. IMO, it would be just a waste of money i.e. paying for a repair then the shocks bust after a few months, afterwards you buy new shocks. When I had my old Sentra with me, two of my repaired shocks when bust when I was negotiating a rather bumpy road. This resulted in addtional expenses for me since I had to have the front suspension system checked and repaired. Had I not cheaped out on my ride, I could have saved money and more importantly, time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jcastillo932 View Post
    Ok Sir Djerms. For shock absorber talaga KYB ang best brand. OEM ang KYB ng most Japanese car manufacturers.
    Well, though KYB is OEM for most Japanese car manufacturers, there's still a difference between the Jap KYBs and Thai KYBs. I don't know if it's because the OEM Thai KYB is a different model compared to the aftermarket Jap KYB (Excel-G), or if mas matibay (though mas firm) ang Jap KYB.

Was able to "kill" 2 shocks of my 2nd set of Thai KYBs a few months back. The remaining 2 other shocks were "badly injured" and were waiting for replacements. And that's just after 2 years. But the ride on lowering springs was almost the same as on stock springs. The new Jap KYBs are another (much firmer) story. I hope they last tho.

Djerms,
    Di ka ba natatagtagan sa OEM ng Altis mo? Ako medyo natatalbugan dun sa ride nung Altis ng mom ko (1.8G). AFAIK, naka-OEM na KYB siya. Compared to my Camry that's on H&R lowering springs and Excel-G's, mas matagtag yung ride ng Altis.

Was in nicolodeon's shoes a few months back. Was wondering if it would be worth paying a visit to Zee/Cruven. Nga lang, hassle yung pabalik-balik sa shop nila for repair, tapos baka mas masama pa yung effect ng panay baklas-kabit ng suspension parts tuwing magre-repair.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Medyo duda ako sa Ginza but to tell you the truth those are the brand of rear shocks we're using in the MB100 for the past year na siguro. No complaints. But the brand is relatively unknown so I wouldn't recommend it yet.
    tks so much sir for the advise. i decided to replace my busted shocks with an original one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Changing my OEM shocks