New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Guys,

I'm planning to put KYB's sa fronts ng altis ko. Tho all my shocks are kyb gas already (OEM). Its not as stiff as the aftermarket KYBs.

Is it okay if I just replace the fronts only? Thats where the balance comes from anyway. Rear stiffness is fine with me, besides, may mga balikbayan ako darating this month.

What are my options? May KYB excel G for the fronts selling for 3.5k each. May mga cheaper KYBs pa ba na okay or is it just the Excel G?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, the OEM KYBs (made in Thailand) aren't as stiff as the KYBs from Japan (Excel-G). I found that rather sad fact when I replaced my set a few months back and slapped on lowering spings. Tho swabe pa rin yung ride, mas matagtag kesa nung dati akong nakalowering springs at OEM shocks.

Anyhow, yes, you can replace just the fronts. I think the rule of thumb in replacing shocks is to do it for both the left and the right at the same time. The front and the rear can be replaced independently. Nga lang, in my case before, parehong right ang bumigay, so I ended up replacing all 4. Argh!

Where are you based? And where are you sourcing your KYBs from?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sir Djerms,

Sa akin ka na lang kumuha nung Excel G na KYB Front Gas Shocks for your Altis. Bigay ko na lang sayo ng P3200 each. Original and sure KYB Excel G yan Made in Japan.

Text me at 09177448113 kung interested ka.

Salamat.

Jay Castillo

jay, wala kang adjustable yung parang sa local nating pajero--for my lite's TEMS, hanap ko ng longer,e...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sir Yummy ,

Adjustable Shocks for liteace? ano po brand? and what year model po liteace? Subic unit po liteace nila?

Thanks.

yup subic lite ko, naka TEMS, as i recall, KYB nakaengrave sa shocks nuong pinarefill ko siya kay zee

(laking silbi ng TEMS lalo na sa hway driving!)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dati i replaced my gen1 crv's busted stock shocks to Tokico gas shocks, orig din * only 2.9k each

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm planning to put KYB's sa fronts ng altis ko. Tho all my shocks are kyb gas already (OEM). Its not as stiff as the aftermarket KYBs.

Is it okay if I just replace the fronts only? Thats where the balance comes from anyway. Rear stiffness is fine with me, besides, may mga balikbayan ako darating this month.

What are my options? May KYB excel G for the fronts selling for 3.5k each. May mga cheaper KYBs pa ba na okay or is it just the Excel G?

TIA
    I'm just curious. Why would you want stiffer shocks for your sedan? Di ba tatagtag pag ganun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi guys,

the front shocks of my crv 02 model is now busted and need your help as to where i cud buy a cheapest shock. as per honda casa, front shocks cost php 8,500/pc. as per other auto supply, they offered a ginza brand that costs php2200 only.

can you give me some inputs if ginza is ok as replacement for my front shocks???

tks a lot guys.

jojo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo duda ako sa Ginza but to tell you the truth those are the brand of rear shocks we're using in the MB100 for the past year na siguro. No complaints. But the brand is relatively unknown so I wouldn't recommend it yet.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Changing my OEM shocks