New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hey guys!

Im new here just registered, I own a Red Mica Hilux 4x2, well to my disappointment I hate the bumpy ride, even more if i have my friends with me..

anyway i plan on changing the suspension for a smoother and better ride
    can anyone recommend me what suspension are compatible? Price range and where to go? I live in makati btw.

I also plan on putting flares(since its a 4x2 T-T) same color, can any1 tell me where its best? Heard its more pricey if sa Toyota mismo eh.

Stepboard, Mags and New Wheels.. geeez dami

Pero priority ko tlg ung ride =( and ps. di ko naman ggwin as in for heavy duty ung pick up eh.

Pls give me advices on these stuff.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An Old Man Emu suspension kit (shocks and springs) should cure your ride quality woes. Try to PM ARB for details.

Stepboards - doesn't look good on a 4x2 pick up. Next to useless. On my cousin's 4x2 Frontier, the steboards do a marvelous job of making my white pant legs dirty whenever I get off the vehicle. Even my 80+ year old lolo doesn't need them to get into the Frontier. Mas istorbo pa nga since he has to make a bigger step when entering or alighting from the vehicle (to clear himself of the steps). Most steps also don't portrude out far enough to be useful. Those that do, look like wings. hehehe.

Carryboy also has flares. Just make sure you get the correct offset wheels lest you want your hilux to look 'piki' when you install flares.

OT: Wala pa atang nagreklamo sa ride ng Strada. :lol:

Btw, welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 13th, 2006 at 09:21 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Old Man Emu Suspension?

Hmm ok il ask him, thanks a bunch!

and yeah i know, but i'l make my pick up higher like the 4x4, is it possible with the suspensions alone? Or is it another thing?

Comments greatly appreciated, is it ok to change the suspensions? Coz i dont see any thread similar to mine.. srry :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You cannot lift a 4x2 Hilux to look like a 4x4 Hilux. Even if you did, it would not look convincing. Just check out those lifted previous model Hilux units. Halata pa ding hindi 4x4 unit. The number of lug nuts on the wheels is a dead giveaway.

You can lift it slightly via the suspension and thru tires which are a bit larger. But it will be nowhere near the 4x4's height.

Old Man Emu is an Australian brand. You can learn more about it at: www.arb.com.au

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Are u sure? Ive been told na pede eh.. There isnt much difference sa 4x2 and 4x4, just need big wheels and 16 inch mags will do tpos 3 inch lift cguro.

Well doesnt matter, at least a neat muscular look (with the flares) would do =P and not exxageratedly high like previous hilux models

Um carrboy has a site ba? Phil site?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Who told you, the guy selling the lift? hehehe. Yun pa lang bolt pattern ng mags, alam mo na ang 4x4 sa 4x2, eh.

Siguro to the untrained eye makakalusot. Pero iba talaga ang tindig ng 4x4 from 4x2. Naka-high rider chassis na yung 4x4. Hehehe.

Carryboy has an international site. Baka may link sa local site.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    www.carryboyphil.com is the site. Sa banawe main nila. I've been there yesterday, nagpakabit ng accesories sa hilux.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hehe.. well at least i want my Hilux to be bigger, the long body doesnt look good when low dba? Dnt u agree? hehe

Thanks for the link GmZ!

anyway.. how much ung Old Emu Suspension? omg it seems so uber expensive! any other recommendations?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, OME is expensive. A full set for a Suzuki Vitara costs Php46k installed.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I see, price is good enough, so it'll be shipped from AUS pa

all in all ( with shipping fee) 46k ? fair enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Changing Hilux Suspension and etc