The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heheh tnx for clearing that up

iba pala sila mali pala pagkaintindi ko

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, pure magnesium burns like a flare in pure oxygen.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by MAXBUWAYA
    makikiexplain na din

forged is welding while cast is hinubog
    basically mas matibay ang cast although mas mahal usually.

sa mountain bike kasi mas mas ok lagi ang cast na parts than forge.

(usually testing ground for technology ang materyal at design sa mga mountain bike dahil na din sa masyadong punishing ang sport na ito sa machine, like carbon fiber)

hollow tech kaya meron na sa kotse?

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    forged is not welding. Forged means you force the material into a mold using a lot of pressure. Casting means you melt the material then pour it into the mold.

The difference of cast and forged parts? Cast parts tend to snap and break when forced beyond their strength. Forged parts will bend first.

BTW, i disagree that m-bike parts are prefered to be cast than forged. The reason why cast parts are "prefered" is the price. Otherwise, if price isn't an issue, forged parts are prefered because of strength and weight reasons.

thiz iz one inztancz i agree with yo disagree

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    colt5turbo::: Could you reply properly with proper english or tagalog vocabularies?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    there are hardly any magnesium wheels on the market. most are made of aluminum.

one of the only magnesium wheels i've seen are on the autoplus race evo with the blue volk racing te37's. may nakalagay na FORGED MAG sa side. i remember the owner telling me around 200T + just for the rims alons. hehe!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    200t? wow that costs more than the chrome 18s n 19s of suburbans/expeditions i think!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    26" chrome bling bling rims cost 1.2M/set... add 200-300k for the tires :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by speedyfix
    there are hardly any magnesium wheels on the market. most are made of aluminum.

one of the only magnesium wheels i've seen are on the autoplus race evo with the blue volk racing te37's. may nakalagay na FORGED MAG sa side. i remember the owner telling me around 200T + just for the rims alons. hehe!
    if you are lucky, the original mini-lites are made of magnesium alloy. Later, aluminum copies later came out.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in simplest terms:

Cast (casting)

magbuhos ng tunaw na aluminum sa mold para makagawa ng wheel.

Forged (forging)

isang bloke ng aluminum (or magnesium in case of TE37 Forged Mag) sabay binagsakan ng parang pang stamp to create a wheel.

More Wheel Tech Info at Tirerack.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
cast and forged wheels