New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Bilstein most of the time firm ang setup, for performance kasi. Baka di mo magustuhan. Best ask around sa ibang naka Fiesta for feedback sa shocks na nasubukan na nila.
    The stock shocks of the Fiesta Ecoboost is already firmer than the Fiesta Trend models and even compared against the City/Jazz or Vios.

Getting something softer may not be a good idea to the owner of a Fiesta Ecoboost.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The stock shocks of the Fiesta Ecoboost is already firmer than the Fiesta Trend models and even compared against the City/Jazz or Vios.

Getting something softer may not be a good idea to the owner of a Fiesta Ecoboost.
    Most of the fiesta owners changed to KYB. I don’t know if they are a good alternative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Most of the fiesta owners changed to KYB. I don’t know if they are a good alternative

I have used KYB before on my Accord and I have no issues with it. If the shocks of my Fiesta gets busted, I'd have no problems using it.

The common KYB shocks (Excel-G) though are not suggested for suspension setups with auto-levelling function, like the one on Subarus. An aftermarket spring is needed to make sure that the stock Subaru stance is achieved. It is still a cheaper alternative than having to buy the Subaru-spec shocks.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008

What I don't like about Bils is the way they skip over rumble strips and the like. Even firmer, low gas pressure shocks from other brands ride better on those. I bet those struts are stiffer than even the Fiesta Ecoboost's OEM.

Koni FSD is a great no compromise solution for both ride and handling, but expensive. Fitment is limited and not much info on durability.

KYB seems a good inexpensive solution.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    KYB has various models to choose from. There is the Excel-G which is a good OEM replacement. For those needing better performance, there is the SR model and the AGX model (with adjustable damping).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    KYB has various models to choose from. There is the Excel-G which is a good OEM replacement. For those needing better performance, there is the SR model and the AGX model (with adjustable damping).
    I think an entry level Excel-G would suffice. Any idea where I can scout shops that sell them? I mean legit ones. So i can compare prices. KYB philippines doesnt respond to my message. Its been 3 days.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    KYB's Gas-A-Just line is also good - cheap and cheerful.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    I think an entry level Excel-G would suffice. Any idea where I can scout shops that sell them? I mean legit ones. So i can compare prices. KYB philippines doesnt respond to my message. Its been 3 days.

If you're in the south area, check out FRDMAZ. Mayrun din ata sa Powertorq QC, Speedlab, and other big auto shops.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If you're in the south area, check out FRDMAZ. Mayrun din ata sa Powertorq QC, Speedlab, and other big auto shops.
    Will check FRDMAZ for KYB shocks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234