New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Just like to share my build on my Fortuner. Its the Bilstein 4600 shocks on Toughdog Springs. The springs are OE height front with the spring seat adjusted up by 1” and the rear are 40mm 300kg constant load for when loading materials/people.

Unlike a true full Toughdog shock and coil set, the Bilsteins offer more sporty and firm handling, so its definitely “stiffer” than if you go TD set, but I like the added cornering and handling this gives. Coils are starting to settle also so the ride improved also a bit. Overall, I’m very happy with this build since it doesn’t give the floaty feeling some other lifts give. Very firm and controlled in all aspects. Like driving a lowered car even though the center of gravity is higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hdj80 View Post
    Just like to share my build on my Fortuner. Its the Bilstein 4600 shocks on Toughdog Springs. The springs are OE height front with the spring seat adjusted up by 1” and the rear are 40mm 300kg constant load for when loading materials/people.

Unlike a true full Toughdog shock and coil set, the Bilsteins offer more sporty and firm handling, so its definitely “stiffer” than if you go TD set, but I like the added cornering and handling this gives. Coils are starting to settle also so the ride improved also a bit. Overall, I’m very happy with this build since it doesn’t give the floaty feeling some other lifts give. Very firm and controlled in all aspects. Like driving a lowered car even though the center of gravity is higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around how much did you spend for the setup, sir?