New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    GT is a good choice. I would prefer it than Hankook or other similar brands. I've used it for more than a year running 200 km daily at 120-150 kph in hot ME roads. Although I'm using Michellen now to compare, I would probably use it on my next tire change. Why their tire is good? I think its because rubber trees is abundant in Indonesia and Malaysia. IMO the other tires are expensive because they get their raw rubber from SEA including Mindanao.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sige next tire change ko I'll try GT :-)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Anyone using Gajah Tungcals? Maingay ba siya? Maganda ba?

I use GT Champiro 60 14's. I'm contented. It looks great and I can do 100 + kph along tagaytay curves to lemery with them even when raining (no joke!). The only thing is that they are noisy

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I think this is a good discussion of people's experiences with different brands of tires.

At the 225/40-18 size, we have tried
    Continental ContiSport
    Dunlop LM
    Nankang NS2 (not enough time to evaluate yet, tell you in a year if they will last that long)
    Bridgestone SO-2 - our choice.

At the 245/40-18 and 275/35-18, we have tried
    Continental ContiSport
    Dunlop LM
    Bridgestone SO-3 - our choice.

At the 205/45-16 and 215/45-16, we have tried
    Good Year
    Bridgestone SO-2 - our choice.

At the 195/55-16, we have tried only
    Good Year Eagle NCT-5 RSC (run-flat system component) - very slippery.
    Last edited by bm5er; September 21st, 2006 at 06:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    up, up and away!

palitin na ang mga goma ko.
    195/55/15
    may naka gamit na po ba Nankang dito?
    how was its noise? handling (esp sa wet)? durability?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I used Nankang tires prior to switching to BFGoodrich g-Force Sport and the Nankang were not as good as the Yokohama A520 that it replaced. The tires were the NS-I model which were 205/50R15 and V rated, don't know if it was the tire or me but I seemed to get flats alot with that set. In one incident I was driving at about 140kph and I ran over something on the road(I think it was a pipe) and it blew the sidewall. I have hit deep potholes at speed with the BFG and the Yokohama and neither has blown the sidewall. The Nankangs also didn't grip as well as the Yokohama and both were V rated. Can't compare it to the BFG in grip cause the BFG is Z rated. BTW I got the Nankangs at the time because I needed tires and they were the cheapest V rated I could find.
    V orZ rated? What do these ratings mean?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity View Post
    up, up and away!

palitin na ang mga goma ko.
    195/55/15
    may naka gamit na po ba Nankang dito?
    how was its noise? handling (esp sa wet)? durability?
    imho lang. korean made tires like nankang and kumho are made for the weather and road conditions of korea, which is way way different from the tropical climate as well as the road conditions of the philippines.

a tip: if you would choose your tires, choose the ones made in the Philippines (like Goodyear, Yokohama, Bridgestones) or the GT tires, which are made in Malaysia.

have used Nankang before, manipis ang sidewalls. madaling bumukol. Federal Tires, which are made in Taiwan (have also used that before) are quite noisy, and Niky even mentioned na mabilis ang wear nya, although hindi ko na-experience dahil nagpalit ako ng mags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Budget Performance? Tires