New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have a set on my Z. Paid a little over $500 for four rotors(cross drilled), set of pads, SS brake lines, and Super Blue Racing Brake fluid. Eto ang unang pinaltan ko sa kotse ko, for one kasi warped na yung stock rotors ko. Pero kung plano mo talagang i mod ang kotse mo(HP wise) dapat talaga i-una mo yung braking system to handle the extra power, together with suspension and tires. Mabilis ka nga di mo naman ma-control at matigil safely.

Oh and if you do buy a set of new rotors dont forget to "bed the rotors" properly.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sang website po maka order online for orig brembo sport slotted disc brakes that ships directly to the phils. po?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Beware of fake BREMBO. On your civic try DBA 4000 brake (slotted) from Australia and used HAWK disc brake or AKEBONO. This is what I used in my 7th gen. Av6 accord and my A6 Audi. They are far more superior than the brembo except Brembo big brake and my OEM brake. The stopping distance is much, much more dramatic improvement and never had a problem w/ dust brake. I used to clean my wheels like every other day before and I hate my OEM brake but now, Im happy that I switch this brand.
    where did you buy your dba 4000 slotted discs? any idea po on how much would it cost for a civic?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by macky2663 View Post
    where did you buy your dba 4000 slotted discs? any idea po on how much would it cost for a civic?
    I got mine for $675.00 including hawk HPS disc brake. DBA slotted & Brembo slotted are about same price so they are not cheap but I'd like better the DBA 4000 much quiter and better stopping than Brembo. Its your lucky day, I contact DBA main office in AUS. and there is an authorized dealer in Phils.
    Here it is: ISLAND AUTOMOTIVE SOLUTIONS
    PHONE NUMBER: 06328225044
    SORRY I DONT HAVE THE ADD.

Oh, one more thing beware of fake HAWK HPS. They look like HPS but they are just a regular disc brake. HPS in the Phils is somewhere around 8,000 to 9,000 a set(front and rear).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanx.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by macky2663 View Post
    Thanx.
    Awan anyaman na kaili!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    There are several places that sell the standard 330/315mm Brembo 4-pot/2-pot F/R combo that you see OEM on cars like the Evo/STI/CTR.

This place for instance:
    http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=1680

At close to USD3000 though, it doesn't seem worth the price. For that sort of money, I'd rather go with AP Racings's 6-pot/4-pot F/R BBKs. If you get a chance to try these believe me they are a world apart from the OEM brembo combo.

Brembo also has their new GT-series BBKs, with floating 4-pot calipers both front and rear. These babies supposedly give similar performance to AP's 6-pot BBK. IIRC the older brembo F40 and F50 sets also likely give better performance than the OEMs.

For something significantly cheaper, I hear eRL are selling stoptech BBKs. You might want to give them a try. There's at least one tsukuba-attack car running stoptechs. (Now just let me see if I can find a picture of it...)

HTH

More links:
    Brembo: http://www.brembo.com/US/
    EVO BBKs (for your lancer): http://racecompengineering.com/item....Big+Brake+Kits

Good luck and post pics if ever you do end up with a BBK

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the AP's will be much much more expensive than the brembos. worth it though...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=3]Anong brand ang tatapat/mababa ng konti sa Brembo na available locally?

Plano sana naming mag-upgrade ng brakes, kaso brakes lang at hindi kasama tires at suspension kasi comfort wise solve na kami. Extra bite lang sana habol namin, kahit hindi na totally ma-maximize yung upgrade. Maganda sana Brembo, kaso panigurado mahal ito at baka overkill na.
    [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    just upgrade your pads if that is all you are interested in. what car is it for?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Brembo Brakes