New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    front brembos (rotors, calipers, lines, etc) will set you back $2-3000 as i said earlier. pero wala ka mahahanap dito na brembo for a civic. if you want rotors lang you can look for them locally kila mato kasi i think he used to distribute the stock sized x-drilled rotors.

there are other possibilities such as ebc rotors which will go for around 20T +-, for the brand new dimpled and slotted front rotors. meron ata nyan locally. front lang yun. figure another 10-15T for the rear rotors.

i also think that autoplus has type r big brakes na brand new, front and rear. these are big na and are strong when coupled to the correct pads. they also have Spoon 4-pot calipers as well as AP's which should fit your civic. these should be in the 60-80T price range pero i'm not sure.

before you upgrade to serious stopping, be sure muna na di na kaya ng stock brakes mo. in my experience, sir brakes improve a lot when you put steel braided line, dot 4 fluid and decent pads (ebc, winmax, etc) so most don't upgrade na.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ok thanks i'll prefer changing the pads.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Guys, hindi pa tapos ang gastusan pag nabili mo na yung Brembo big brake kit...most probably magpapalit ka din magwheels kasi lalaki ang rotor size so baka hindi magkasya sa existing rims. kailangan tama ang offset and size ng rims para kumasya yung Brembo. Usually pag naka Brembo or Baer big brake kit ang minimum na size ng rims is 17 and up.

A cheaper solution is to change your tires into performance tires, change the pads na lang into race pads (usally Php5T to Php7T) then gamit ka ng DOT5 na Motul brake fluid. Yun lang ok na yung stopping power ng kotse. Medyo maingay lang yung race pads and dumihin sa magwheels. I doubt it very much if one can exceed the braking capability of todays ABS equipped cars. exception na lang siguro is pag ginagamit yung kotse sa track.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    use dot5 only if magpapalit ka ng fluid every year (total flush). mas maselan yung dot5 kasi and i would suggest going the dot4 path nalang para di ka hassle magpalit lagi.

sabi ng friend ko na may accessories shop, nakakapag benta ng brembo ang store nya at ibang stores, pero by order basis, kasi may nagsusupply naman daw sa kanila eh. mahal nga daw sabi nya, didnt gave exact amounts though...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    he's probably selling the rotors lang. i don't think anyone here sells the caliper kit.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    May classmate ako naka Hyundai Elantra siya...Nakacross-drilled siya na disc sa front nasa 12 or 13 lang ang cross drilled niya..stainless pa...14 or 15 lang ang size ng mags niya...Binili niya yung mga brakes niya sa net dahil walan nun dito...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gearspeed, baka OEM replacement size yung and has been drilled after it left the manufacturing factory. If thats the case, its more prone to craking.

Do not be fooled by companies that purchase Brembo plain OE replacement discs and have them altered by a third party. These misrepresentations usually are offered as a cross drilled and slotted disc which Brembo does not produce and are almost always non-plated. If you contact Brembo, they will not recognize these discs after they have been altered.
    neway, just ordered myself a set of StopTech front and rear slotted, Motul fluid, StopTech SS lines, Speed Bleeder, and Axxis Ultimates pads in preparation for the Navigational Rally.
    Last edited by Karding; February 11th, 2004 at 12:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ooohhhh... stoptech!

this is a great brand! galing coz they design the calipers with the stock master cylinder in mind so di na kelangan mag-upgrade!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003

Lupittt!!!:drool:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Brembo Brake Systems?