New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Cagayan de Oro dealer.
    The guys at the shop were a little perplexed as well. I seem to have gotten an odd ball which is irritating. I did overhear one guy saying they never used to have any issues with Pajeros, which to me, kind of hints that theyve had other complaints as of late. Not sure what type or how severe. I could be wrong but from what i understand, the dealer's PDI doesn't include the procedure they performed. The factory, however, should have caugt it.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I don't have an idea on how the different dealers operate (under Mitsubishi). But way back during my Nissan days, we issue this PDI check sheet to dealers, which is a duplicate of the manufacturing check sheet. Which includes the tightening of suspension and underchassis nuts and bolts, then marking it with bright colored paint, different from the one used by the plant.

We did have reports of (marked but) loose fasteners along the way, honestly speaking.

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Thanks! Funny you mention that... I do remember seeing witness marks when they put my car up on the lifter for its first service. I'm going to go look under it again to see if there are infact duplicate marks. one thing they also did which really ticked me off was, they tightened the trailer hitch as well. I could get it to open yesterday no matter how mark i tried.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    We did have reports of (marked but) loose fasteners along the way, honestly speaking.
    You can quality check a vehicle however it's as good as the quality of the person doing it. Baka sa sobrang routine, mark nalang siya ng mark without really checking the torque.

OT: Did not know you were with Nissan before. NMPI or UMC dealer?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

UMC / Star Motors ako primo. Early to late 90's,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Brandnew Pajero rear suspension problem