New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i step on the brakes on my innova, parang sumusubsob ang sasakyan.. para bang napaka-lakas ng brakes sa harap.. hindi suabe..
    when i checked, wala naman akong nakitang dumidikit na brakes (sticking brakes).
    any pointers, guys?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are the brakes locking up? Baka nag-iba lang adjustment ng brake master.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when i step on the brakes on my innova, parang sumusubsob ang sasakyan.. para bang napaka-lakas ng brakes sa harap.. hindi suabe..
    when i checked, wala naman akong nakitang dumidikit na brakes (sticking brakes).
    any pointers, guys?

check the basics first: check brake fluid condition- if it is over two years old, flush and replenish with fresh fluid from a sealed container
    then, check the metering or hold off valve, this is the valve responsible for taking the slack off the gap between the brake shoes and the brake drum (disc/drum applications)
    if you had the brake pads replaced, the coefficient of friction of the brake pads might be too high
    check your wheel bearings for preload and adjustment
    check your brake pedal height between the floorboard (not the carpet) and the brake pedal pad, the average measurement is between two to three inches
    check to see if your calipers are not dragging the brake discs

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nangyayari din sa innova ko yan, usually pag umaga at rusty ang disk face dahil ilang araw di nagagamit. I just step on the brakes and gas at the same time for a few sec para umiinit. Nawawala naman pagka grabby ng front brakes.

Although i read somewhere na nagka recall ang innova sa vietnam ata or thailand dahil sa overly sensitive brakes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    any pointers, guys?

bago lang ba Innova mo?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    bago lang ba Innova mo?
    2005 pa, bossing. all brake components came with the car from the factory, 7 years ago.. recently lang gumanyan.. 1 month..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2005 pa, bossing. all brake components came with the car from the factory, 7 years ago.. recently lang gumanyan.. 1 month..

hindi ka pa nakapagpalit ng brake pads since 7 years ago? i was thinking maybe you change your brake pads to a new one recently kaya malakas ang brakes.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    hindi ka pa nakapagpalit ng brake pads since 7 years ago? i was thinking maybe you change your brake pads to a new one recently kaya malakas ang brakes.
    makapal pa, e. sayang naman kung papalitan dahil medyo may edad lang..
    but that's an idea.. mebbe i should splurge on a new set..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2012 at 05:55 PM.