New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I did make an enquiry here at Midas sydney, and i told them that bendix pads are noisy. they tell that its not the pads itself that is noisy but the back plate that touches the pistons. that's why they spray an anti squeek on it. any idea about this?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by inlook
    I did make an enquiry here at Midas sydney, and i told them that bendix pads are noisy. they tell that its not the pads itself that is noisy but the back plate that touches the pistons. that's why they spray an anti squeek on it. any idea about this?
    Check your manual sometimes it states there what kind of pad to use.
    Semi-metallic and Metallic usually squeeks on my cars. If symptom persists you may want to change to softer compounds....

RIDE ON ....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    brake pads are wear and tear components right, so expect that you'll have to replace them every few years depending on how hard you drive(brake).
    so... if you get better pads, let's say EBC greenstuff, and you don't drive as hard, would these pads last much much longer than oem pads? EBC greens are supposed to be "sport & race" pads and not OE pads d ba? so if you don't abuse them they shouldn't wear as much.
    can i expect these ebc pads to last say twice as long as the oem considering i don't change driving style?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys saan pede pakabit ng brake pads pag bumili ka sa labas? sa banawe area o qc sana. thanks! yung G&s saan ba banda yun?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by icon
    brake pads are wear and tear components right, so expect that you'll have to replace them every few years depending on how hard you drive(brake).
    so... if you get better pads, let's say EBC greenstuff, and you don't drive as hard, would these pads last much much longer than oem pads? EBC greens are supposed to be "sport & race" pads and not OE pads d ba? so if you don't abuse them they shouldn't wear as much.
    can i expect these ebc pads to last say twice as long as the oem considering i don't change driving style?
    I sure hope mine can outlast the oem pads I had before. One thing I found out that brake dusts have lessen. Maybe I could make a review of the EBC HD pads I have now say after 7 years of usage? :D

Quote Originally Posted by zanch
    guys saan pede pakabit ng brake pads pag bumili ka sa labas? sa banawe area o qc sana. thanks! yung G&s saan ba banda yun?
    Kahit saang gas stations pwede magpakabit nun. Like kina boss chieffy, kaso nasa Pedro Gil yung kanila.

G&S Auto Supply nasa Kamias Road katabi ng Equitable Bank. Paki check na lang yung sig ni boss GlennSter for its exact address.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    7 years? I don't think my current pads can wait that long. :lol:

Mabilis lang naman change pads, I dont think there's not much they could do to screw the job. Unless wala talagang alam yun like me. :mrgreen:
    Ang issue lang with changing pads is if kailangan ireface yung rotors like if magaspang na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    icon::: The oem pads that I used to have still has 30% lining and was abused for 6 years. I just recently changed the pad to EBC HD 2 months ago, so I can't really tell this early if it will last longer than the oem. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    having harder compound brake pads may lengthen the wear on your pads.. but will definitely shorten the life of your rotors.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And that would be a good opportunity to upgrade the rotors narin.

I have the Bendix Metal King pads, no pad fade so far on the track, pero feeling ko its still too soft for track use, hindi tatagal. I'll give mine 8 track days max. Mura kasi eh kaya OK siya.

We tried the EBC Greenstuff on the track and they would fade more than the Bendix pads. Yung EBC nga lang has minimal dust compared to the Bendix na grabe brake dust afetr 1 outing of 5-7 hard laps.

You might also want to try the Bendix Ultimate line of pads. They have a higher heat rating than the Metal Kings (550c vs 450c) so fade won't be a serious problem until you have really pushed the car a lot.

AFAIK si enigz gamit yan ngayon.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Quote Originally Posted by icon
    I sure hope mine can outlast the oem pads I had before. One thing I found out that brake dusts have lessen. Maybe I could make a review of the EBC HD pads I have now say after 7 years of usage? :D
    I used EBC GreenStuff before. It lasted for 25t Kmrs - or about 5k more than OEMs. But one thing's for sure, SULIT ! Makapit talaga and safe lalo na sa sudden brakes. Bendix muna ako until maka-ipon uli para sa EBC...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
brakepad upgrades