New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think something is wrong with my brakes...this is the scenario: when i leave the house in the morning, i hear an audible "squeak" coming from my front brakes. and i don't know if this is psychological or its just me but i noticed a bit of a decrease in braking performance...btw pads and shoes are new, replaced it just this year last march..and in our place sometimes i wade through ankle-deep floods..suggestions would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance tsikoteers

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since you've mentioned that the pads are new, did you keep the extra shims that came with it? You will probably need to install it now, after "braking in" those pads, no pun intended. :D

Or try to open those pads and clean them, some small object probably got stuck inbetween while wading thru floods.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, i experienced that too last month, nung may kataasang baha dito sa makati. no choice except to wade thorugh the flood, so ayun ang nangyari. humina ang preno, tapos nagkaroon ng hissing sound.

i had it cleaned lang two weeks ago, when i had my axle bearings replaced. ayun, puro buhangin and putik sa loob.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm ganyan nga comments ng lahat ng pinagtanungan ko....brake cleaning it is!

sana mawala na ung tunog

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually brake cleaning nga ang katapat nyan, before any maintenace procedures.

Minsan ang brake squeaks galing din mismo sa compund pads. Other brands or makes tend do make more sound than others.

brake squeaks