New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi Guys!
    I have a "problem" with my brake pedal when the car is idle when stuck in traffic. Medyo unti-unti syang bumababa pag medyo matagal nang naka idle, I'm not sure kung aabot sya sa floor kasi binitawan ko na agad at nag hand-brake na lang. Baka matuluyan kasi.

Saan kaya ung cause ng prob nito? Do I need to replace the Brake Pads/Drum?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    wala pong manghuhula dito sir.

please indicate what car/year/variant/last activities before problems occured.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by microtsip View Post
    Hi Guys!
    I have a "problem" with my brake pedal when the car is idle when stuck in traffic. Medyo unti-unti syang bumababa pag medyo matagal nang naka idle, I'm not sure kung aabot sya sa floor kasi binitawan ko na agad at nag hand-brake na lang. Baka matuluyan kasi.

I doubt if your problem equates to your brake pads. I think its your brake cylinder. Check your brake fluid its still on the level. If your brakes have recently under gone repair, have it bleed baka meron hangin sa linya uli. If all else is ok, baka yung "vacuum booster"(yun ba tawag dun?) yung nasa likod ng brake cylinder... Have it checked with a mechanic to be sure.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i have the same experience... but it dosent go down near the firewall or sagad ng brake pedal. konti lang galaw nya.. but my brakes still work.. it just moves quite a bit down...

best is have it checked since i goes down too much as you have explained.. preno yan eh... we need that.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by microtsip View Post
    Hi Guys!

microtsip,
    if you don't see any visible external leak, it is an internal leak causing this symptom. inside your brake master cylinder, there are two pistons: primary and secondary. the primary piston acts upon the secondary piston hydraulically after the primary piston had been mechanically actuated by the driver's pressing on the brake pedal. the secondary piston (piston away from the brake booster) has two rubber cups, one facing forward, the other facing backward to contain the fluid pushed by the primary piston to consequently push on the secondary piston. this cup is worn out causing a leak or is not holding pressure
    jick

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for your replies especially to sir jick and gambit for the technical part, I really appreciate it. Yes, I'm planning to take it to a mechanic this coming Monday. I hope ok pa ung brakes ko until monday.

Brake Pedal problem