New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    nag try din ako nyan Hi-Q sa altis namin.. grabe alikabok.. kahit sa drum brakes.. ang dumi.. balik bendix na lang ulit.. hehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    *JapanABC
    Do you have a comparison with EBC and from other brands?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    But the problem is the Hi-Q basic or lowest variant brake pads are dustier than Bendix,
    according to my friend's experience using Hi-Q lowest variant for his Grand Starex he said "Di maganda quality ng HiQ. Maingay, lots of brake dust, weaker bite than OE and rough ang braking." but that's my friend's experience ah, I'm not sure sa iba.

Hagen on the other hand I don't know any reviews.
    Have been using Hi-Q for both front and rear on my MS since September last year. Brakes and feels like OEM even with quick sprints. No noise. I dont see brake dust since black mags ako. Happy with the brand. Bought from Primal shop sa shopee.

Next time will try their Hagen ceramic pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Recently bought Hi-Q brake pads will try it out in my next pms. I have tried bendix, bosch and advics before.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    *JapanABC
    Do you have a comparison with EBC and from other brands?
    Sa EBC as of now walang comparison since bago palang.

But there is a new brand in the market which is Nisshinbo an O.E. manufacturer of brake pads and etc... I saw them in the post ni United Car Clubs of the Philippines. Apparently Nisshinbo is one of the biggest O.E. brake manufacturers in the world based on my research they are also the one supplying Brembo their original factory brake pads that Brembo supplies to car manufacturers since Brembo aftermarkets are made by a different brake manufacturer in China kaya pala magkaiba ang quality. Still waiting for the video ni United Car Clubs of the Philippines.

Then apparently Nisshinbo also has a factory in Korea they are O.E. to all Korean car manufacturers. The ones I see supplied by Nisshinbo to Hyundai's top selling vehicles are Accent and Grand Starex which are marked on the back plate of the brake pads with the abbreviations SAC means Saeron Automotive Corporation a Nisshinbo owned subsidiary in Korea.

Also many brake pads and brake shoe that are marked with NBK means Nisshinbo Brake Kit for Japanese made ones and NSA means Nisshinbo Somboon Automotive for Thailand made ones are abbreviations that it is made by Nisshinbo brakes.

All this time I thought yung 2nd generation na Montero Sport is made by another manufacturer yun pala NSA yung naka mark which is Nisshinbo Somboon Automotive na Thailand factory of Nisshinbo.

Nisshinbo has been offered in the Philippines recently their brake pads are specially designed with a J chamfer and diagonal slot for minimizing noise & maximum fade resitance while providing great stopping power.

Also price wise they are more affordable and similar to Hi-Q, but the difference is the engineering and their massive O.E. connections with car manufacturers and brake system manufacturers provided them the strongest expertise in manufacturing brake components. I was shocked to learn that the original factory installed brake pads(not the aftermarket ones) by Brembo is manufactured by this company.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hyundai-accent-brake-pads-1.jpg   hyundai-accent-brake-pads-2.jpg   camry-rav-4-latest-model.jpg   mazda-b4yb-33-23z-genuine-front-brake-pad-1-2.jpg  

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Recently bought Hi-Q brake pads will try it out in my next pms. I have tried bendix, bosch and advics before.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    What Advics variety have you tried before? They yellow colored one which is the Brake Star?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    Have been using Hi-Q for both front and rear on my MS since September last year. Brakes and feels like OEM even with quick sprints. No noise. I dont see brake dust since black mags ako. Happy with the brand. Bought from Primal shop sa shopee.

Next time will try their Hagen ceramic pads.

There is no existing Primal store on Shopee or Lazada.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    nag try din ako nyan Hi-Q sa altis namin.. grabe alikabok.. kahit sa drum brakes.. ang dumi.. balik bendix na lang ulit.. hehe
    Yan din sabi ng kakilala ko na yung lowest variant ng Hi-Q yung walang label asides sa Hi-Q logo. Cheaper nga si Hi-Q kay Bendix pero hindi naman daw same as genuine pads yung overall performance. Parang ginagamit lang OEM branding nila.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Totoo ito, very dusty ang Hi-Q, yan kasi ang gamit ko sa Montero, nagiging brown parati ang sidewall ng black tire ko...
    Pero di naman siya maingay and di rin rough ang braking...
    Ahhh so basically meron nga problem si Hi-Q cheapest variant sa brake dusts. Kasi may isa ding user na nagtry ng Hi-Q na ganyan din complain is yung kakilala ko then isa din from this forum si yapoy86 din ganyan din complain.

Based on my experience and observation sa mga brands I've used Akebono brand yung pinaka minimal brake dust na nasa market na hindi sobrang mahal like Brembo and other brands while providing more rotor life and great stopping power.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    There is no existing Primal store on Shopee or Lazada.

Here’s the link:
    https://shopee.ph/product/67680356/1...2-1621922150.9

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]