New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You do know that smart phones, appliances, shoes, and almost everything are made in China. That does not make them lower in quality. They just moved the factories in China but companies set global standards on their products.
    Actually the problem does not lie in made in China alone.

Brembo simply bought a Chinese domestic brake pads manufacturer which was not Brembo originally in the first place not using Brembo's moulds and original materials. They bought the company in 2016.

Also the company they bought wasn't original equipment manufacturer to any of the car manufacturers. It was simply an aftermarket brake manufacturer.

Try to compare side by side or even the brake materials Brembo in Europe makes compared to the one manufactured by the company they bought and you would see the very big difference in quality wise.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post

Brembo simply bought a Chinese domestic brake pads manufacturer which was not Brembo originally in the first place not using Brembo's moulds and original materials. They bought the company in 2016.

Also the company they bought wasn't original equipment manufacturer to any of the car manufacturers. It was simply an aftermarket brake manufacturer.

Try to compare side by side or even the brake materials Brembo in Europe makes compared to the one manufactured by the company they bought and you would see the very big difference in quality wise.
    A bit OT & a bit different...
    This reminds of pre Mondragon Ph-made Itahan sneakers that carried the Nike brand & swoosh....way way back. Pretty sure the Oregonian set em straight.
    W/ the chink factory, at least it was bought by Brembo.
    But both kinda taste like same duping.Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I am thinking of getting the Brembo NAO (Ceramic) for the fronts. I already have on stock a Bosch QuietCast (Ceramic) for the rears.

The Brembo dealer I know is very accommodating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I am thinking of getting the Brembo NAO (Ceramic) for the fronts. I already have on stock a Bosch QuietCast (Ceramic) for the rears.

The Brembo dealer I know is very accommodating.

Anong dealer yan?

jusko yun autoperformance ph na dealer ng brembo kada tanong ko wala naman stock ng pad.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Anong dealer yan?

jusko yun autoperformance ph na dealer ng brembo kada tanong ko wala naman stock ng pad.
    PM mo ako sir. Bigay ko sa iyo number. Mayrun sya LM (low metallic) and NAO (ceramic).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PM mo ako sir. Bigay ko sa iyo number. Mayrun sya LM (low metallic) and NAO (ceramic).

Thanks bro. BTW ano ba difference ng Low metallic at ceramic?

pang passenger car use lang naman.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Thanks bro. BTW ano ba difference ng Low metallic at ceramic?

pang passenger car use lang naman.
    Low metallic yung common pads. They are usually noisy and produces more dust. They are also cheaper.

Yung NAO is ceramic. They are less noisy and does not produce much dust. They also last longer.

Both options are good for everyday cars. Depende na lang sa budget mo.

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post

I don't think Brembo will lower their quality just because it is made in china. Technology will still be brembo but not design for racing since para sa passenger cars. Either just the same quality as stock pads or slightly better. Sa price palang mataas din compare sa pambansang bendix. Just wondering which is better Akebono pads na made in japan or this brembo?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    A bit OT & a bit different...
    This reminds of pre Mondragon Ph-made Itahan sneakers that carried the Nike brand & swoosh....way way back. Pretty sure the Oregonian set em straight.
    W/ the chink factory, at least it was bought by Brembo.
    But both kinda taste like same duping.Brake Pad Thread [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    The domestic China factory was bought with all their domestic China equipments included with the sale. Because Brembo wanted to have a share in the Asian market so they wanted to have a product that can be a bit more low cost compared with their Europe counterpart factory.

The Chinese domestic company was only established in 2001 which Brembo bought in 2016. So that company has only been in brake manufacturing for 19 years in total.

The Chinese manufacturing plant now owned by Brembo is still using their original equipment and moulds & etc... which is different with Brembo European equipments.

That is why you can compare Brembo that is made in Europe and made in China and you will see the differences are very far with each other. Try putting the China made and the European made side by side and you'll see the far differences in manufacturing quality and technology.

china-made-brembo-philippine-market-a1.jpg

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by maculet View Post
    I don't think Brembo will lower their quality just because it is made in china. Technology will still be brembo but not design for racing since para sa passenger cars. Either just the same quality as stock pads or slightly better. Sa price palang mataas din compare sa pambansang bendix. Just wondering which is better Akebono pads na made in japan or this brembo?
    Yung Akebono Made in Japan pads sa Philippine market doesn't sell semi-metallic, all of them are Ceramic formulas na. Kasi Akebono has standards to follow sa US, Europe, Japan and etc... All of their pads are Ceramic. Kaya compared with other brands makikita mo din ang formula ng Akebono napaka layo lalo na sa brake dust almost minimal dust sa Akebono.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clipboard_image_35de6dbf.jpg  

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]