New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mayroon na ba sa inyong nagpa-resurface ng brake rotor?

How much did you paid for it?

Worth it ba or better na palitan ko na lang?

BTW, my other car is a 97 Lancer.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko mura lang yung refacing (like a few hundred bucks), and that it's an adequate fix naman...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup,mura lang naman pa resurface ng rotors,be sure lang na ok yun gawa,and make sure na matalas yun resurfacing machine/blade nila.para like new yun rotors mo and hindi magaspang.

and would this be your 1st time to resurface your rotors?kce meron din limit yan,when time comes, you need to replace it na with new one,when it gets really thin na..

and dont forget to replace your pads narin and clean your brakes,para isang gawaan na..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the answer depends on what you need and what sort of application you had in mind for your car.

If the car you're planning on having the brakes resurfaced for is a daily driver, and you're a little short on cash, I'd say you can probably get by without getting a new set.

BUT if you're planning on running your car (and your brakes) hard at a Motorsport event, I'd say don't risk it. A (cheapskate) friend of mine had his front brakes resurfaced instead of buying a new set before a track event.

He was out on the track and running his car hard when his rotors disintegrated into smithereenees. A very truly scary event, both for him, and for the spectators watching his out-of-control car.

If I had the cash, I'd probably get a replacement instead of having it resurfaced. Think of it as an investment, or pre-emptive maintenance for the car.

Oh, and nikko m is right, while you're down there, get your pads replaced as well. Might as well throw that in there while you're at it! :D

Good luck!

???BRAKE DISK ROTOR QUESTION???