New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks sirs for all your replies.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    you did not mention if you changed your brakepads with new ones after resurfacing the rotors. Ideally, a new set of brakepads is to be installed after resurfacing. With the pic you posted, I can only surmise that your caliper piston and cylinder is probably dirty and sticking and need servicing. It is also wise to change your caliper kit and flush your brake fluid with a fresh one as this is hygroscopic (attracts water) and collects debris overtime. As with the caliper kit, I always use OEM. No further explanation needed

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    May rotors din na prone to warping talaga. Pag warped na, if you have it resurfaced, eventually babalik din sa dati.

Also look up "cementite". That is what happens when part of the rotor becomes harder than a different area.

Warping can be caused by abuse (riding the brakes downhill, frequent heavy braking) and the quality of the rotors.

I replaced my daily driver's warped oem rotors with DBAs. Hopefully these are as good as advertised.
    The OP's brake rotors are grooved, not warped. Cementite has nothing to do with it. You're confusing the OP.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Anong sasakyan yan?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    you did not mention if you changed your brakepads with new ones after resurfacing the rotors. Ideally, a new set of brakepads is to be installed after resurfacing. With the pic you posted, I can only surmise that your caliper piston and cylinder is probably dirty and sticking and need servicing. It is also wise to change your caliper kit and flush your brake fluid with a fresh one as this is hygroscopic (attracts water) and collects debris overtime. As with the caliper kit, I always use OEM. No further explanation needed
    Thank you sir

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Anong sasakyan yan?
    2004 City sir

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12