New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Has anyone here used Blacklion Tires? They're made in China and is supposedly owned by Sailun.

I purchased a car with Blacklion BU66 tires. Manufacture date is Apr 2016 so they are still good. I'm wondering if I should replace them as I'm not sure of it's reliability.

Would like to hear feedback from others who have used them...or have had incidents while using them on their cars.

They have pretty good reviews overseas and are reasonably priced. I just want some peace of mind that they're ok to keep until they expire in 2 years. Blacklion Tires

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    When I was living in the US, I bought 4 brand-new Blacklion tires, installed in my Camry, and drove for 1.5 years * 20k miles until I sold the car.
    During those times, I had an uneventful experience with them. For the price I paid, I say they're worth it.
    However, don't take my word for it as your mileage may vary. For these 2 reasons:
    1. I bought mine brand new, yours are 4 years old
    2. I drove my car in and around Los Angeles, which has relatively forgiving roads versus Philippine roads.

It also depends on how you use your car. If it is your primary car, then I wouldn't skimp on tires. Especially if you got a used car, you don't know how the previous owner used (or abused) it. I personally don't mind buying non-premium brands (China, Indonesia, India) as long as they're brand-new. And I usually replace them earlier than suggested thread wear life.

In my opinion, if you plan to keep your car for a while, it would be wise to replace your tires for extra peace of mind. Hope this helps, buddy.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    They should be fine. Use them for another year or two, depending on available tread depth. Just check the pressure frequently and always inspect them for structural damages.

10 years ago, I'd stay away from Chinese tires but nowadays, they've significantly gone up in quality, enough so to be considered proper budget tires.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rico_yan View Post
    It also depends on how you use your car. If it is your primary car, then I wouldn't skimp on tires. Especially if you got a used car, you don't know how the previous owner used (or abused) it. I personally don't mind buying non-premium brands (China, Indonesia, India) as long as they're brand-new. And I usually replace them earlier than suggested thread wear life.
    Thanks Mate. It's a weekend car and hardly gets used, particularly with the current pandemic. Tire tread is also still pretty good. I was just concerned that there might be some history of failures with this brand like some other Chinese tires.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    They should be fine. Use them for another year or two, depending on available tread depth. Just check the pressure frequently and always inspect them for structural damages.

10 years ago, I'd stay away from Chinese tires but nowadays, they've significantly gone up in quality, enough so to be considered proper budget tires.
    Tread depth is still ok and there isn't any noticeable sign of damage on the side walls. I've also installed a tire pressure monitor and it's has so far been holding steady