New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I said 4 POT.Stock track 350z has 4 pot brembo caliper.Meron na bang 8 pot calipers?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    you'll have to differentiate between brakes.

4 piston calipers should be around $2k up, 6 pistons like the s2000 mga 200k for the front, 8 piston yata yung sa 350z will be even more expensive.
    Wow ngaun ko lang nalaman meron plang 8-piston na calipers kala ko dati pinaka malaki na ung 6-pistons!

masyado na ata mga bigatin yang mga yan! gusto ko lang naman malaman kung malaki talaga difference ng type-r na brakes from sir! kung sulit ba type-r sa 40k o mag ipon nalang ako ng pang brembo ko!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you have already changed pads you may want to change to steel braided lines and see if it gives you better feel. Cross drilled rotors are good but have a tendency of cracking, you may want to try a slotted rotor instead. Try the EBC red stuff it's a ceramic pad that gives you great stopping power. I just switched my GSR to Powerslot slotted rotors OE size w/ the EBC red stuff two months ago and it can stop my car from 180kph repeatedly with no fade. The rotors are also made by Brembo for Powerslot.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mamar,
    IMO,Brembo 4 pot is overkill in your current setup,YOu can get away with Type R.

*redorange,
    Why steel braided lines will give him better feel?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    If you have already changed pads you may want to change to steel braided lines and see if it gives you better feel. Cross drilled rotors are good but have a tendency of cracking, you may want to try a slotted rotor instead. Try the EBC red stuff it's a ceramic pad that gives you great stopping power. I just switched my GSR to Powerslot slotted rotors OE size w/ the EBC red stuff two months ago and it can stop my car from 180kph repeatedly with no fade. The rotors are also made by Brembo for Powerslot.
    san ba nakaka bili ng steel braided ose tagal nako nag hahanp nun wala ko makita!

ganto ba sinasabi mong ebc rotors!

mag kano kuha mo? kasi may nag bebenta sakin ng ganyan dati for 9k ata! hinde ko na gano maalala ehh!
    and one more ting may nag sabi sakin dati na pag tuamgal mawawala daw ung kulay nyang ebc na rotors na yan! totoo ba un?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    san ba nakaka bili ng steel braided ose tagal nako nag hahanp nun wala ko makita!

mag kano kuha mo? kasi may nag bebenta sakin ng ganyan dati for 9k ata! hinde ko na gano maalala ehh!
    and one more ting may nag sabi sakin dati na pag tuamgal mawawala daw ung kulay nyang ebc na rotors na yan! totoo ba un?

Go to tirerack.com

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    rubber lines flex and expand with pressure, steel lines have minimal flex and expansion so the pedal feel is more positive.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    m_ron, actually the reply was meant towards ssaloon because he was mentioning the 350z at the transport show in manila held a couple of days ago. my reference to the 8 pot calipers were referring to the GREX system on that car.

SS brake lines improve feel because they do not swell like normal rubber lines when the fluid becomes hot.

go look at tar-ox. they make calipers with as many as 12 pistons if i'm not mistaken http://www.tarox.com/english.html

if you want the best tho, stick with AP Racing. they make some of the best brakes on the planet and i think are owned by Brembo also but make more performance inspired rotors and calipers. if you want to upgrade from brembos you install AP's

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post

Powerslot is the rotor and EBC is the pad. If you are worried about the color of the dust it's not red just less of it. The part of the pad that touches the rotor is not red. The color really has nothing to do with your braking power anyways.

Rotor website:
    http://www.powerslot.com/index.html

The pads I got for about $75 for the front wheels at racepages.com. The rotors I got for about $183 a pair from Racinglab.com if I recall correctly.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    double post

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Bigger disk brakes for my Honda civic SIR