New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi need you opinion and kung sino na naka try. Size is 205 70 R15 for my Crosswind.

Ano ang mas durable and better ride comfort? MIchelin XM2 or Goodyear HP AW?

I already checked the price and its almost the same.

Thank you

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    By the way gamit ko now Goodyear Fortera. Used it for 5years. Phase out na daw and I think the goodyear HP AW is the replacement kasi it looks the same.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also liked the Forteras before so we used Wrangler HP on a Ford Escape. So far so good but its only a few weeks old to date.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I'm also satisfied with the fortera, taka nga ako bakit phase out ng good year. in terms of ride comfort and durabiltiy.

if yung michelin XM2 mas matagal mapudpod puedeng replacement. pero parang pang light duty lang siya thats why

I need insights kung sino na nakagamit.

thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are XM2s rated for truck use?

I'd rather get HPAWs. Better performance. I tried them out at the Goodyear launch, and the performance was pretty darn good. Not as good, mind you, as Advan STs, but really good for a truck tire. XM2s are fuel savers, which sacrifice some grip for fuel economy... not a big deal, since the Crosswind is not a performance vehicle, but I've never been comfortable with the braking abilities of the Michelin Energy series (and I've had the XM1s on one of my vehicles) whereas the HP AWs have excellent braking grip.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Are XM2s rated for truck use?

I'd rather get HPAWs. Better performance. I tried them out at the Goodyear launch, and the performance was pretty darn good. Not as good, mind you, as Advan STs, but really good for a truck tire. XM2s are fuel savers, which sacrifice some grip for fuel economy... not a big deal, since the Crosswind is not a performance vehicle, but I've never been comfortable with the braking abilities of the Michelin Energy series (and I've had the XM1s on one of my vehicles) whereas the HP AWs have excellent braking grip.
    Yes there is a an issue with grip and braking performance of energy conserving tires. Since a crosswind is already economical, get the HP AW's na lang TS.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sir, how about bridgetone dueler 684, it has also 205/70r15

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Okay so the issue is the braking capabilities of the XM2, they market XM2 as a fuel saver.

for me priority also is the braking ability of the tire , parang mas light duty itong XM2 for the crosswind.

So your saying that a better tire is the ADVAN ST, yokohama ito di ba? from what I've observed from my friends vehicles
    and also from their feedbacks mas mabilis daw mapudpod ang yokohama. Is this true?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rhy_84 View Post
    sir, how about bridgetone dueler 684, it has also 205/70r15
    The Bridgestone HTs have usually been crap per my experience (poor wet performance, poor threadwear and we blew up two on our Land Cruiser under normal circumstances).

Aside from the Goodyear HTs, i'd also recommend the Yokohoma Geolandars (and its made locally at Clark so you support our local industry).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Advan STs will definitely wear out faster than your typical Dueler HT or similar tires. Performance tires always do. And they're available in medium and low-profile only, I only included them for reference.

HP AWs aren't straight performance tires, they're comfort touring, but with an extra edge of grip and proven better braking performance than the Dueler HTs (we tested this when they launched the tire). Like Vinj, I hate the HTs, have had them on a couple of vehicles and I've had nothing but bad experiences with them.

I replaced the HTs on the CR-V with Kumho Ecsta SPX, but those are like Advan STs... lots of grip, tread wear not quite as good as an HT tire, and tire noise pretty bad, especially once they start wearing down. On the Crosswind, we replaced the HTs with Kumho SPTs, which have good tread wear, quieter running and life that seems similar to the HTs.

If I had the money or the source, I would have gone for the HP AWs instead of the Ecsta SPX, but I like my SPTs. They're sufficient for my needs on the Crosswind and pretty cheap.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which is better for Crosswind XTO Michelin XM2 or Goodyear Wrangler HP AW?