New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    is there such thing? iba-iba po bang results when you have your car electronicaly aligned from an expensive service center compared to a cheaper one? or you can just look for any service center who gives the cheapest electronic alignment service and it will basically give the same result of accuracy? kahit saan ka ba magpa align, as long as it's electronic, pare-pareho lang ang result?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alignment is highly operator dependent. So it don't really matter that they got the best machine if they have the worst people on the job.

Also, some alignment techs only know how to set as per spec. They cannot compensate for other things. Example, my Pajero had a tendency to pull to one side when set within 'spec'. The technician compensated by putting it out of spec a bit so it would track straight. Unfortunately most techs can't think out of the box like that.

The old guy doing alignment at Motorcraft in Banawe is good.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sa Caltex sa marikina papuntang concepcion, 200 pesos lang ang laser alignment. I dont have any complaints about their service, mura pa.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I just recently had my car aligned sa roosevelt. Though they are carrying a well known underchassis franchise(?) or branch, ang akala ko kumpleto na sila sa hi-tech na gamit, yun pang align nila parang analog pa, na meter gauge ang basis... Napansin ko din kasing there is something off sa method ng pag align nila...

As far as I know, may ikakabit na parang gadget sa bawat gulong to determine na diretso yun mga gulong. Nagkabit lang sila sa harapan, di ko tuloy ma-isip kung pano na dtermine na align nga yun harap with respect dun sa gulong sa likod. I like to know kung ganito ba talaga and pag-align... In fairness naman sa kanila, mejo nawala yun kabig ko sa kaliwa, mejo napunta nga lang sa kanan. Seriously, if nawala man ang kabig ko, hindi ko sure sa kain ng gulong ko in the long run kung pantay pa din ba

nagtanong din ako sa kaibigan ko, hanapin ko daw laser alignment... parang mas accurate daw ito. baka one of these days maghahanap ako nun dun ko na ipa-align para sigurado.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Reviving this thread.. Do you know any good wheel alignment service centers? How much do they charge?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Alignment is highly operator dependent. So it don't really matter that they got the best machine if they have the worst people on the job.

Also, some alignment techs only know how to set as per spec. They cannot compensate for other things. Example, my Pajero had a tendency to pull to one side when set within 'spec'. The technician compensated by putting it out of spec a bit so it would track straight. Unfortunately most techs can't think out of the box like that.

The old guy doing alignment at Motorcraft in Banawe is good.
    Same thing with what the Tech at Minerva in Macapagal Ave did to my Starex,- he moved the caster of one of the front tyres a bit towards the edge of the spec to compensate so that the van would track straight. I questioned it since the original values are right on the center and he explained it to me that way. So far, no problem on my front tyres....

As for the old school approach,- no one beats JP Wheels in President's Ave, BF Homes (I think it should be Tahanan Village) Paranaque....

4101:victory:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sa shell station ako nagpapa-align, its 350 kung alignment lang pero 600 kapag may kasamang camber adjustment. i also tried goodyear servitek, yun nga lang nakaka badtrip sa kanila icheck nila suspension, bearings etc tas pag may makita sila slight problem di nila itutuloy alignment mo plus charge ka pa nila 100 for the check up hahahaha.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Same thing with what the Tech at Minerva in Macapagal Ave did to my Starex,- he moved the caster of one of the front tyres a bit towards the edge of the spec to compensate so that the van would track straight. I questioned it since the original values are right on the center and he explained it to me that way. So far, no problem on my front tyres....

As for the old school approach,- no one beats JP Wheels in President's Ave, BF Homes (I think it should be Tahanan Village) Paranaque....

4101:victory:

magkano po yun sa minerva macapagal? and what is the old school approach(manual nila align)?

Best electronic wheel alignment service???