New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 135 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1510
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by itoangtama View Post
    guys, what would you recommend as replacement for 195/55/15 tires? na-try ko yung chipipay na sailun before kaya lang palaging lumalambot. weekly ko lang ginagamit ang altis, from antipolo to qc. hope may ma-recommend din kayong mabibilhan within the eastern zone
    Toyo DRBs were great on our Vios before.

You can also try The Grip Guys in Marikina. They offer Achilles, GT/Champiro which are okay.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    guys, what would you recommend as replacement for 195/55/15 tires? na-try ko yung chipipay na sailun before kaya lang palaging lumalambot. weekly ko lang ginagamit ang altis, from antipolo to qc. hope may ma-recommend din kayong mabibilhan within the eastern zone
    GT Champiro oks na oks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ok din neuton. i've been using their 16s for almost a year now and so far no complaints

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    meron na po ba nakapagtry dito nun brand na radar made in indonesia daw po baka pwede sa innova po

5. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    try niyo po Interstate - sabi rin sakin isa siya sa mura na nakakapasa ng EU standards (na sobrang higpit daw). Happy tita ko. Pero ako super happy ako sa Thunderer tires ko, Thailand 02-654-2767, Cubao branch ng kinunan ko. alam ko may iba pa silang lugar.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    kakapost ko lang sa taas. super happy with my Thunderer tires sa innova ko po, sobrang tahimik, ok kapit, MURA. mga P2500 kuha ko. 02-654-2767 number nung kinunan ko.

ps. nakaka-addict pala itong mga forums na ito :p #newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jovz View Post
    meron na po ba nakapagtry dito nun brand na radar made in indonesia daw po baka pwede sa innova po

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Haven't seen a single test where a no-name brand has outperformed any of the top-tier or even the midrange brands.

There are cases where some midrange tires perform as well as, if not better than their high end counterparts. But cheapo tires never do.

The best thing I could say is that they're cheap but get the job done. By get the job done, I mean that it won't kill you, so it's good value in that respect. If you don't drive hard, you probably wouldn't even notice. But to say that they're great tires is a bit of a stretch.

That's like saying CDR King headphones are as good as Sennheisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If Yokohama will sell their tires here straight from their factory, it would be cheap. Non-named brands could be cheap coz nobody buys them, but who knows, it might we widely used in their countries with good reputation.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I remember my goodyears before, I could use them until the wires poke out, but nowadays, some of them experienced tire problems with 90% thread.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    If Yokohama will sell their tires here straight from their factory, it would be cheap. Non-named brands could be cheap coz nobody buys them, but who knows, it might we widely used in their countries with good reputation.

That's having your cake and eating it too. Good tires are more expensive because they're usually better than no-name brands.

Budget brands are cheap because they're budget brands. On one end, manufacturers and distributors make less per tire, allowing them to keep retail prices lower. On the other hand, they can live with lower margins because they don't spend millions of dollars on R&D and marketing. Even for budget tires that copy tread designs from better brands, the performance isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    I remember my goodyears before, I could use them until the wires poke out, but nowadays, some of them experienced tire problems with 90% thread.

First, whether it's a Pirelli PZero or a Wanli tire, you shouldn't be using them until their wires poke out. Treadwear indicators are there for a reason.

Secondly, which particular Goodyear tires? Goodyear makes a wide range of tires from the entry level Duraplus to the much acclaimed Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2. And how prevalent are these cases? If you want to subscribe to anecdotal evidence, then there's also countless user feedback complaining about poor grip, short tread life, weak sidewalls, loud noise, and other negative experiences with budget brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Best Brand of Tires