New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1510
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    imho, it doesn't matter... as long you're within the prescribed speed all the time, you won't have catastrophic incidents... in other words, kung hindi ka naman bara-bara magmaneho ayos lang yan...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post
    mga sir, san ba ikakabit ung brand new 1 pair of tires. is it in the front or in the rear? my mechanic told me that i should put it in the front for safety.

Put tires with thicker threads in the rear so new tires go to the rear ... that same mechanic who advised you to put them in the front will also tell you to ... warm up your engine 5 minutes in the morning ... rev your engine before shutting if off ... shake your vehicle while refueling ...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Put tires with thicker threads in the rear so new tires go to the rear ... that same mechanic who advised you to put them in the front will also tell you to ... warm up your engine 5 minutes in the morning ... rev your engine before shutting if off ... shake your vehicle while refueling ...
    ang logic po kasi niya if ung old natires e sa harap at ung new e sa likod.,pagnagburst ung old na tire sa harap e mawawalan ka ng control lalo na pag high speed sir.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    It is recommended to put new tires sa rear.

Pero if road-safe and within spec pa yung natirang 2 tires, you can put new tires in front or rear. Up to you.

Ideally, 4 tires are replaced at same time.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

it is such a PITA if u will replace all 4 tires at the same time sir. so i bought just 1 pair of it and the next pair will be later.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman View Post
    ang logic po kasi niya if ung old natires e sa harap at ung new e sa likod.,pagnagburst ung old na tire sa harap e mawawalan ka ng control lalo na pag high speed sir.
    Pero Meron ka manibela to control from wheels pag likod sumabok paano na?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Meron kasi tinatawag na Tyre Rotation.

Tire Tech Information - Tire Rotation Instructions

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    if your notice, the reason for putting new tires sa rear is IN CASE the road is wet, then you suddenly need to apply the brakes, the rear wont fish tail.

simple lang yan, dont drive fast when the road is wet. wala naman tayong snow so these what if cases will only happen at high speed.

in addition, dont wait for the tire to show its thread before replacing it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mp88 View Post
    As far as I know, dapat sa rear ung bagong pair for better handling especially with wet roads. Initially ang alam ko rin dapat sa front but with a little research, experts are saying new tires should be placed at the rear.

One source: Should you fit new tyres to the front or rear?

I read from other sites too and they are consistent on saying new tires should be placed at the rear..
    The article is referring to put a new set of tires at the rear if the car is front wheel drive as in today's car but in traditional rear wheeled drive, then it should be in the front. Am i right?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian Paulo View Post
    The article is referring to put a new set of tires at the rear if the car is front wheel drive as in today's car but in traditional rear wheeled drive, then it should be in the front. Am i right?
    i used to drive a rear-wheel drive car. one day, i panic-braked for a stalled vehicle without warning triangles. the rear end fish-tailed. good thing i stopped about a foot away from the stalled vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Mga paps, newbie lang - Just bought surplus tire for my CR-V in Evangelista last week - DUELER HP 225/65r17. Tanong ko lang mga sir okay lang ba ang HP yung previous tire ko kasi is HP - anung difference nila? and mura na ba sya sa 3k each 2012 production almost 80 percent pa yung tread life nya? TIA!

The Best Brand of Tires