New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 151 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you have no "bengkongs" or damage, maybe 10-15k (although 15k might be pushing it) if they're relatively new, or much less if they're an old design. You can ask a shop to price them, or, better, look for rims of the same size and design in a surplus shop, ask the price, and use that as your basis for selling (to other owners).

If you use them for trade-in, the shop won't give you very much. The demand for 16's isn't that big compared to 15s or 17s, because tires in 16 aren't as common as tires in 15, and most people who want "bling" go straight to 17.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Parang hindi na mention yung Kelly Tires ng Goodyear?

Galing lang kasi ako kanina sa Goodyear Servitek Dagat Dagatan, I was canvassing for tires. Yung size na hanap ko is 195/60/r14, so inoffer sa akin yung Kelly Tires.

Any feedback for this brand?

Another question po, yung current tire size ko nga pala is 205/60/r14 Yokohama s306. Balak ko lang palitan yung 2 na muna sa harap, gagawin kong 195/60/r14. Ok lang ba to?

BTW, mas mura yung Kelly Tires ng 400 compared sa Yokohama A drive dito sa amin.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by red07; September 12th, 2007 at 08:33 AM. Reason: addtional question

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I bought a set of YOKOHAMA S-DRIVE last july and its great! Hindi rin ako nawawalan ng S-DRIVE pag dating sa S hehehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Nice tip bro. THanks .. malaking tulong to when buying and checking ur tires.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcawa View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed here but I'd post it anyway.

When buying tires, check the date of manufacture. Tires usually have a service life of 4 to 5 years from date of manufacture, pudpod or not.

The date of manufacture is usually "branded" on the sidewalls. Look for an oval shaped mark with 4 digits "branded" (parang itinatak using a hot branding iron) into it e.g. (1207) . The first two digits correspond to the week of the year (there are 52 weeks in a year) while the last two digits correspond to the year of manufacture. In this case, (1207) means the tire was manufactured on the 12th week of year 2007 or between March 19 to 25, 2007.

So if your tires right now have a mark thay say (XX02), you might want to consider replacing them now, pudpod or not hehehe. But then again, car lovers like us don't usually take that long to use up our tires. Unless of course you have a lot of vehicles that you only use a certain car once a month even if you drive everyday hehehe.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rodreyes View Post

2)Im from Paranaque/Las Pinas. What tire supplier can you recommended?
    Bro. Im also from Las Pinas. I tried to go to the following tire shops and canvass, u can do the same :

Goodyear Servitek - (Alabang zapote road) infornt of toyota alabang.
    Minerva - (its at Westgate area, near and at the back of the GOnuts store and Brothers burger)
    Roadstar - (Its at Alabang MOtor Town - just beside st. jerome church)
    S & R (membership shopping, infornt of NIssan Westgate)

Hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by red07 View Post
    Parang hindi na mention yung Kelly Tires ng Goodyear?

Galing lang kasi ako kanina sa Goodyear Servitek Dagat Dagatan, I was canvassing for tires. Yung size na hanap ko is 195/60/r14, so inoffer sa akin yung Kelly Tires.

Any feedback for this brand?

Another question po, yung current tire size ko nga pala is 205/60/r14 Yokohama s306. Balak ko lang palitan yung 2 na muna sa harap, gagawin kong 195/60/r14. Ok lang ba to?

BTW, mas mura yung Kelly Tires ng 400 compared sa Yokohama A drive dito sa amin.

Thanks in advance
    I may be wrong but I think Kelly Tires are low end/generic Goodyears. never used them so cant say if they are good or not.

Changing to 195/60R14 will make your tire lower and narrower. It will also make your speedometer run about 2% faster. So if your speedo says your doing 100kmh, you are really running at 98kmh.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchesnburns View Post
    I bought a set of YOKOHAMA S-DRIVE last july and its great! Hindi rin ako nawawalan ng S-DRIVE pag dating sa S hehehe
    How's the threadlife?
    about kelly tires- madulas yan.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I like the Kumho tires that replaced the original potenzas (92? I forgot the no.) in my car. They are cheap but quiet and have a better traction in light snow. They are also good in the rain. I was surprised by their performance.

I had a set of hankooks before in my other car but they have poor snow traction although they lasted 50k miles!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I may be wrong but I think Kelly Tires are low end/generic Goodyears. never used them so cant say if they are good or not.

Changing to 195/60R14 will make your tire lower and narrower. It will also make your speedometer run about 2% faster. So if your speedo says your doing 100kmh, you are really running at 98kmh.
    I see. Maybe i'll buy the yoks instead.

Another reason I want to switch to 195/60/r14 from 205/60/r14 is that my current tire is sticking out from my mags.

Hindi naman masagwa tignan, pero I have a feeling that the tire size that I have (205/60/r14) is the culprit behind my slight steering problem. Medyo mabigat sha compared sa iba naming sasakyan (Isuzu Crosswind XUV, Honda City IDSI)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CPY61 View Post
    Bro. Im also from Las Pinas. I tried to go to the following tire shops and canvass, u can do the same :

Goodyear Servitek - (Alabang zapote road) infornt of toyota alabang.
    Minerva - (its at Westgate area, near and at the back of the GOnuts store and Brothers burger)
    Roadstar - (Its at Alabang MOtor Town - just beside st. jerome church)
    S & R (membership shopping, infornt of NIssan Westgate)

Hope this helps.
    There is also Minerva at Macapagal Ave.. It is beside Petron Gasoline Station, and S&R Membership Shopping. It is to your right, northbound....

3808:fish:

The Best Brand of Tires