New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    though i just came from a stop & barely making 20mph at the turn, i've suspected the energy series to be that way lalo na kapag umulan dito... dahil bihira lang mangyari ay tila lumulutang ung dumi sa kalsada making it more slippery..

am now taking extra precaution & told my wife that regardless of safety ABC's present in a vehicle (i.e. ABS, ESC, EBD, TCS, etc), they will only work if there is contact between the tire & the road.

tnx niky, appreciate it..
    Can't have everything. Energy-conserving tires tend to be that way. I bought a set of Michelin energy-conserving tires for our delivery vehicle, and the first thing I noticed was the poor braking and low grip limits.

That's why the new Prii (Priuses, whatever... ) don't run on the low-rolling resistance rubber the first-gens did... customers complained about the lack of handling stability.

As long as you're careful, though, they shouldn't be a problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ano feedback with yokohama c-drive tires?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just sharing my observation of Michelin Energy MX1 energy conserving tire. Size is 215/65R15. Inflated with nitrogen. Used for around 500 kms 80% highway and 20% city driving.

Very quiet tires compared to my previous Dunlops.

Ride is decent. Did not notice any difference from my old tires. Maybe its a bit better but nothing definitive.

Grip and handling is adaquate. Nothing spectacular. However. I find that my old tires was more sure footed. Hopefully it will get better as it wears a bit. Have not noticed the slipperiness mentioned by Niky and slamtaz. Hope I dont get into a situation where it will crop up.

It seems to save gas. My usual route normally uses up 10 liters of gas. My best is 8 liters but that was no traffic and really good boy drivng. 80kmh tops. This afternoon I used 8.8 liters of gas, but I did a speed run of 175 kmh at star toll way.

Will continue to observe.
    Last edited by userfriendly; August 18th, 2007 at 07:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    best value for your buck?

APOLLO AMAZER tires made in india mura lang po ito

Or pwede din kayo bumili ng

WAN LI made in china ito
    hi chief, san nakakabili ng apollo? magkano ito sir?

thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    guys, can you help me decide? yokohama a-drive or goodyear ducaro ga?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    any recos for the best, CHEAPEST tires for a safari? pede na ba ung mga indonesian brands? TIA!
    You can try going one size smaller if you want to save a bit. 30x9.5R15's

Savero is a good, inexpensive tire.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i checked my tires after reading one of the posts about expired tires....and it was expired already! the DOM was *2003* now im thinking of buying a new set of tires..which of these would be advisable for an all stock corona ex saloon (except for the 15's wheels), daily driven, with the occassional out of town trips to tagaytay and batangas? size is 195/60R15

-Dunlop Lemans LM702
    -Bridgestone Turanza GR-80
    -Yokohama C-Drive

also, how much is the price difference of japan brands compared to michelins?

thanks in advance

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    BF Goodrich Tires kung kunat at tibay paguusapan. Call or text me if you're interested in Brand New BF Goodyear Tires. Thanks.

Jay C.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Na-try ko na mga budget at mas mahal na tyres pero can't tell the difference between them in terms of handling and grip. Pansin ko lang yong mga mamahaling tyres medyo nagtatagal maubos at syempre mas lagay ang loob lalo na pag nasa highway at mabilis ang takbo na di agad basta basta sasabog.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    i checked my tires after reading one of the posts about expired tires....and it was expired already! the DOM was *2003* now im thinking of buying a new set of tires..which of these would be advisable for an all stock corona ex saloon (except for the 15's wheels), daily driven, with the occassional out of town trips to tagaytay and batangas? size is 195/60R15

-Dunlop Lemans LM702
    -Bridgestone Turanza GR-80
    -Yokohama C-Drive

also, how much is the price difference of japan brands compared to michelins?

thanks in advance

Try bridgestone or yokohama. Both are supposed to be good tires. Price should be between 3000 to 4000 each. My last canvass, Yoko C drive 215/65R15 was 3200 each. It was out of stock so got Michelin for 4200 each.
    Last edited by userfriendly; August 25th, 2007 at 01:49 PM.

The Best Brand of Tires