New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You shouldn't need to. Lowering springs may change your camber (but the Altis' rear beam design should prevent excessive camber), tires won't.

Potenza Grid III's are nice tires. Very grippy yet relatively quiet.
    thanks for the reply, niky. now i don't have to worry on the camber and alignment if i'll change my stock tires to 215/45R17 combo. hopefully makakuha ako ng good deal for bridgestone potenza. any idea how much is the price of potenza 215/45R17 ngayon? i got a quote from the other forum nasa 6.5k raw ito ngayon.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds about right. You might be quoted over 7k at some places, so you'll have to shop around a bit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mga sir, is nankang any good?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    tibay ng pirelli at michellin sa honda civic ko.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    i think i'll go for bridgestone potenza narin siguro. marami rami narin ako nabasa na magandang review nito. anong size yung nabili mo, sir at saan mo nabili? i'm planning to change my rims and tires next month.

nga pala another question, if magpapalit from stock tires (altis) to 215/45R17 do i need to have a camber and alignment check pa? mga 1 month old palang po yung car.

Nakuha ko ay 225/55/17 sa Tuazon, Cubao. Mag-scout ka lang. Medyo nahirap lang akong maghanap ng ganitong specs kasi out of stock. Pero worth it naman ang paghintay. Quiet ito at good grip.

Re. replacing your tires, I don't think it need to have a camber and alignment.
    Bago pa kasi auto mo. Wheel balancing ang dapat if you'll replace it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    thanks for the reply, niky. now i don't have to worry on the camber and alignment if i'll change my stock tires to 215/45R17 combo. hopefully makakuha ako ng good deal for bridgestone potenza. any idea how much is the price of potenza 215/45R17 ngayon? i got a quote from the other forum nasa 6.5k raw ito ngayon.
    I think nasa ganun range yan. Sa akin kasi nasa P6,730. (225/55/17)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Guys, since we are now talking of tire brands, does manufacturing date have something to do with their performance as experienced by different users?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You shouldn't buy tires past a certain age, as they have a definite shelf-life.

I'm not sure what that shelf-life is, though... I'd wager about three years in our conditions (the heat, the alternating dryness and humidity... etcetera).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I got this from our office mail.

TIRES.

Vehicle tires have a 4-year validity period from their Date of Manufacture (DOM). Thereafter, the tire expires and may burst whilst in use. How to find out whether your tire has expired? Check for a stamp like this: (*2603*) There is an asterisk in the beginning and at the end of this serial number. The first to numbers 2 6 will tell which week of the year has this been manufactured.

NB: One year has 52 weeks. The last two digits represent the year of make. Therefore *2603* shows that the said tire is manufactured on the 26th week of 2003. *2699* this shows that the tire is made on the 26th week of 1999.

Check all your tires for safety purposes. Do not use expired tires, They are likely to burst (Specially when running in hot weather) because the rubber component may have hardened and cracked. (see sample picture)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boyT View Post
    Re. replacing your tires, I don't think it need to have a camber and alignment.
    Bago pa kasi auto mo. Wheel balancing ang dapat if you'll replace it.
    thanks sir, hindi na nga siguro kailangan pa adjust camber and alignment. pero pa check ko narin kasi libre naman daw yung check up dun sa pinagtanungan ko na tire auto supply sa pasay. libre din nila yung nitro pag dun sa kanila kukuha ng rim and tire. i'll get the potenza na kasi dami nagsasabi na maganda nga grip nito at tahimik.

nga pala sir, ganda ng avatar mo ah. yan yung kukunin ko na rim (velbret)

The Best Brand of Tires