New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 148 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1510
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Good and safe driving habit is better than the best tire in the market
    Of what use are your driving skills when you cheap out on tires? A runner could go only as far as his protected feet can deal with surface he trudges on, the same way a soldier can only walk/patrol/run with his boots on.

We have to make sure our tires are in good shape when getting our cars out. We need not put the best tires but we just need to make sure they are road worthy all the time.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    good tires and good driving habits, go hand in hand to favor safe driving. each complements the other.

it will not do, to favor one, and dis-favor the other.
    Amen to that, doc!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I've only bought Falkens for my 05 Mazda 3. Already went through a set of Azenis ST-115's and FK-452s (currently have FK-453s on the 3.) Love the stopping power + never hydroplaned with them...(unlike the old Turanza's 15's stock, or never easily punctured it's side wall unlike the Bridgestone RE02s from the OEM 17 rims that I got as an upgrade)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    ask lang po ako mga master alam nio po ba UTQG treadwear, temp, traction ng Dunlop SP Sport LM704? hindi ko kasi makita s net salamat po

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any feedback on Federal Formoza FD2?
    I’m planning to use 215/40R18 for my altis.
    Any other recommendation for 5k price range?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    Any feedback on Federal Formoza FD2?
    I’m planning to use 215/40R18 for my altis.
    Any other recommendation for 5k price range?

No experience on the Formoza but it is supposed to be Federal’s touring tire option like Bridgestone’s Turanza. I have used the 595EVO before and it was more than worth it for the 4k+ I paid each of the 225/45/17 model.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the info sir Egan101. I tried Federal 595EVO before on a 215/45R17. Performance is good. But i find Achilles 2233 quiter than 595EVO. Federal Formazo FD i think is the only available 215/40R18 with an affordable price.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    Thanks for the info sir Egan101. I tried Federal 595EVO before on a 215/45R17. Performance is good. But i find Achilles 2233 quiter than 595EVO. Federal Formazo FD i think is the only available 215/40R18 with an affordable price.

595EVO is a sport/performance tire and they are usually noisy but they offer better grip. Touring tires are more comfort-oriented and less noisy.

The Achilles 2233 is a touring tire like the Formoza. The Achilles ATR Sport will be more comparable to the 595EVO.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The tires I mentioned are all tires for daily-driven cars but with better performance than your usual tire. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 easily trumps all tires because it grips very well yet doesn't wear easily and is a fairly comfortable tire. Only downside is that it's not cheap.

The Bridgestone RE003 is a very grippy tire as well, but doesn't have as much longevity as the PS4. I've had it on my Mazda 3 for almost a year now and haven't had any issues so far.

The Yokohama Advan V701 is an affordable tire despite carrying the Advan name because it's made in the PH. Price is actually cheaper than other touring tyres from Yokohama that are imported. Comfort is excellent for a sporty tire, also very quiet. Outright grip might not be at par with the PS4 and RE003, but should be enough for most econoboxes. I have them now on my Civic and so far it's also been good, I just have to try it out on a mountain road to ascertain its grip vs my old Ecsta.

None of these tires are as extreme as the 200 treadwear tires (Advan AD08, Potenza RE71, GT SX2, Westlake Sport RS, etc). All 3 tires I recommended are roughly the same level as the OEM Sportmaxx and Primacy that you mentioned, but are either cheaper or priced the same but grippier.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mine is a daily driver (Altis), I usually go to the province (Region 2) once a month, if I were to choose between Turanza and PS4, which one should I get? TIA

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Mine is a daily driver (Altis), I usually go to the province (Region 2) once a month, if I were to choose between Turanza and PS4, which one should I get? TIA
    Go with the Bridgestone Turanza if you want a good touring tire for your daily driver. If you like a bit more performance and grip, then go with the Michelin PS4.

The Best Brand of Tires