New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1510
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Had eco tires before (Michelin XM1) and they braked poorly. Not sure if Bridgestone's or Yokohama's are any better. I can say the past iteration of the GR100 (GR90) rode very well, had good grip and didn't seem to wear fast. Great touring tire. I'd still stay away from eco tires.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    May suggestions ba kayo for 185/65 r15 na tires? Ang pangit kasi ng goodyears na stock sa swift

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by perkinabrantes View Post
    May suggestions ba kayo for 185/65 r15 na tires? Ang pangit kasi ng goodyears na stock sa swift
    Panget how? The Goodyear Duraplus tires that come with the Swift aren't very grippy, but they will last you a long time (north of 60,000 km if you drive nicely).

If you want something grippier, I would recommend the Bridgestone Potenza RE003, Yokohama Advan V701, or Michelin Pilot Sport 4.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Panget how? The Goodyear Duraplus tires that come with the Swift aren't very grippy, but they will last you a long time (north of 60,000 km if you drive nicely).

If you want something grippier, I would recommend the Bridgestone Potenza RE003, Yokohama Advan V701, or Michelin Pilot Sport 4.

Don't you think those tyres you mentioned are a bit overkill for the swift?

How about dunlop sportmaxx instead or michelin primacy? Just the right balance?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Don't you think those tyres you mentioned are a bit overkill for the swift?

How about dunlop sportmaxx instead or michelin primacy? Just the right balance?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The tires I mentioned are all tires for daily-driven cars but with better performance than your usual tire. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 easily trumps all tires because it grips very well yet doesn't wear easily and is a fairly comfortable tire. Only downside is that it's not cheap.

The Bridgestone RE003 is a very grippy tire as well, but doesn't have as much longevity as the PS4. I've had it on my Mazda 3 for almost a year now and haven't had any issues so far.

The Yokohama Advan V701 is an affordable tire despite carrying the Advan name because it's made in the PH. Price is actually cheaper than other touring tyres from Yokohama that are imported. Comfort is excellent for a sporty tire, also very quiet. Outright grip might not be at par with the PS4 and RE003, but should be enough for most econoboxes. I have them now on my Civic and so far it's also been good, I just have to try it out on a mountain road to ascertain its grip vs my old Ecsta.

None of these tires are as extreme as the 200 treadwear tires (Advan AD08, Potenza RE71, GT SX2, Westlake Sport RS, etc). All 3 tires I recommended are roughly the same level as the OEM Sportmaxx and Primacy that you mentioned, but are either cheaper or priced the same but grippier.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most people forget that the tires are the most important part of a car. The tires are the only part of your car which establishes contact with the road. It is wiser to have a good set of tires than spend some on useless body kits.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Most people forget that the tires are the most important part of a car. The tires are the only part of your car which establishes contact with the road. It is wiser to have a good set of tires than spend some on useless body kits.
    edit: oops. Butt dial.

Last edited by jut703; February 15th, 2018 at 10:46 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Good and safe driving habit is better than the best tire in the market

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    good tires and good driving habits, go hand in hand to favor safe driving. each complements the other.

it will not do, to favor one, and dis-favor the other.

gusto mo ngang mag-brake sa ulan.. kalbo naman pala yung gulongs mo.
    brand-new, road-gripping tires nga, puyat na post-duting duktor na pa-idlip-idlip naman sa daan yung manejero.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 15th, 2018 at 11:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Not sure bro jut kung fair comparison since nasa vios yun roadshine, then duraplus sa swift; pero mas maganda grip nun roadshine na gamit ko sa vios. Siguro dahil mas mabilis ako nakakatakbo sa swift, and never ako lumampas ng 150kph sa vios LOL

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

The Best Brand of Tires