New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 133 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1510
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ganun ba sa lahat ng store na napuntahan mo? You can try other brands like Continental, Michelin or GT.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ganun ba sa lahat ng store na napuntahan mo? You can try other brands like Continental, Michelin or GT.
    Isa lang plan ko bilin dahil nagka problema yung isa kong gulong pag ibang brand kasi maiiba yung thread. Napansin ko lang dun sa dunlop pinaka mura na yung 3.6k dahil sa iba kong na canvas nasa 4k-4.5k. Samantalang bili ko sa Goodyear sa Adventure namin 3.5k lang.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mp88 View Post
    Guys any feedback on Dunlop LM703 and Kumho KU39 tires? Thanks!
    I have KU39 on my Altis now, had LM703 on our Altis before.

The KU39 (Ecsta LE Sport) is a premium high performance tire so it's naturally grippier than the LM703 which is just a touring tire. Pretty quiet tire too, the KU39.

The LM703 is being phased out now, and its successor is the LM704. Even between the LM704 and KU39, I'd still pick the KU39.

Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    Mga tol ask ko lang. Ginto ba talaga presyo ng dunlop tires? Haha mas mahal pa kasi yung Dunlop EC300 165/65r14 ng Celerio ko kesa sa Goodyear Duraplus assurance 185/80r14 ng Adventure.

No. You should try calling different tire shops and checking out different brands. Both the EC300 and Assurance Duraplus are entry-level eco tires from Dunlop and Goodyear, respectively. They take long to wear out, but aren't very grippy. That's okay for drivers who don't drive fast.

Try to check if the Duraplus comes in the size for your Celerio. Other brands you might want to check are the Yokohama BluEarth, Bridgestone Ecopia, and Michelin Energy XM2.

If you want to go for midrange brands, you have the Kumho Solus, Falken Sincera, and Toyo NanoEnergy.

Budget brands are also available such as the GT Champiro Eco, Achilles 2233, and Accelera Phi.

I would stay away from Chinese brands. You can go cheap when it comes to toys for your car, but not your tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Continentals and Michelins are expensive. The MaxContact 5 and Pilot Sport 3 that I checked out are 1.6x more expensive than the Kumho Ecsta that I bought.

The only affordable Michelin is the Energy XM2 but it has really poor reviews because while it's a long-wearing eco-tire, it has poor grip whether wet or dry.

GTs are affordable, especially the Champiro Eco. You can take it a step higher and get the high-performance HPY if it comes in your size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; October 30th, 2016 at 03:49 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks sir jut. Ok lang ba na 3 tires dunlop ec300 at yung isa ibang brand?. Hindi ba malaking effect kung ibang thread pattern yung isang gulong?..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks sir jut. Ok lang ba na 3 tires dunlop ec300 at yung isa ibang brand?. Hindi ba malaking effect kung ibang thread pattern yung isang gulong?..

Nope. At the very least, have the same kind of tires for the same axle. You can have two pairs of different brands for the front and rear. Not ideal, but definitely better than 3 identical tires and one tire that's different.

I had that setup before. Kumho Ecsta SPT in front, Dunlop LM703 in the rear. Ever since though, I made it a point to replace my tires all at the same time. I rotate my tires every 10,000 km to ensure even wear.

Bakit 3 tires lang papalitan mo? Either go 2 or 4 tires.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope. At the very least, have the same kind of tires for the same axle. You can have two pairs of different brands for the front and rear. Not ideal, but definitely better than 3 identical tires and one tire that's different.

I had that setup before. Kumho Ecsta SPT in front, Dunlop LM703 in the rear. Ever since though, I made it a point to replace my tires all at the same time. I rotate my tires every 10,000 km to ensure even wear.

Bakit 3 tires lang papalitan mo? Either go 2 or 4 tires.

Ohh i see. I mean isa lang papalitan ko. Ok yung 3 stock dunlop tires ko. Yung isa lang yung nagka problema. Nag check ako ng price ng ec300 165/65r14. Pinaka mura kong na canvas 3.6k kadalasan 4k-4.5k and i find it ridiculous. Dahil 3.5k lang bili ko sa Goodyear assurance 185/80r14 sa isa naming sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ohh i see. I mean isa lang papalitan ko. Ok yung 3 stock dunlop tires ko. Yung isa lang yung nagka problema. Nag check ako ng price ng ec300 165/65r14. Pinaka mura kong na canvas 3.6k kadalasan 4k-4.5k and i find it ridiculous. Dahil 3.5k lang bili ko sa Goodyear assurance 185/80r14 sa isa naming sasakyan.

How many km have the other 3 tires travelled?

I would still stick with replacing one EC300 rather than a pair of 2 cheaper tires if the other 3 tires aren't that worn out anyway.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    30k pa lang. Makapal pa sya. Kung hindi ok na may nag iisang gulong na naiiba siguro patusin ko na yung 3.6k na ec300.

Ano kaya ang effect pag may isang ibang tread pattern sa gulong?. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    30k pa lang. Makapal pa sya. Kung hindi ok na may nag iisang gulong na naiiba siguro patusin ko na yung 3.6k na ec300.

Ano kaya ang effect pag may isang ibang tread pattern sa gulong?. Thanks!

30k is already at least half of your tires' treadlife. Most eco tires wear out at around 40-60k km.

Even if you just change one tire, the wear will not be even because the other tire on the same axle is much more worn compared to the new tire.

It's better to just change two tires, then put them in the rear, then wear out the older front tires and replace them too eventually.

Is your spare tire the same size as the other 4 or is it a donut? If it's not a donut, you can turn your 30k km tire into a spare, put the fresh spare on one wheel, and the new tire on the other wheel of the same axle. That way, you have a fresh pair of tires on one axle.

Having tires of different tread patterns/brands on the same axle is like wearing a Nike shoe on one foot and an Adidas on the other. Tires are designed to work as a pair - for example, if one tire has better water dispersion properties than the other, you can lose control during heavy rains as one tire will lose traction.

Yes, messing up tires is pricey because you always have to replace in pairs. You can always go the cheap route and just change one tire, but remember, tires are the only thing between the road and your car so it's best to err on the side of caution.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Donut yung spare tire eh. Thanks sir jut!

The Best Brand of Tires