Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Pag honda at volvo pwede hanggang
    10 yrs or more??

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    hmm midrange ang yokohama?
    nothing bad if it's a mid-range brand as long as you're satisfied with the performance. using Yokohama tires before. then we changed to Dunlop this year. would like to try Toyo or Bridgestone next time naman.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Pag honda at volvo pwede hanggang
    10 yrs or more??
    nope, 6 years din..

Numerous studies written by or for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration support a finding that tires expire in six years.

- Tires begin to weaken and fall apart as they age.
    - The tire aging process happens regardless of whether a tire is on a vehicle or in a temperature-controlled room.
    - Most tires begin to significantly degrade around five years from the date of manufacture.
    - Six years from the date of manufacture, most tires are no longer safe for use on a vehicle.

Tires Expire in Six Years - Tire Safety Group

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nitto economy? Eh yung mga bling-bling-obsessed pickup/SUV owners mas pinipili pa yun over Bridgestone/Dunlop/Yoko. 😆

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Best tire brands are the more established ones.

I've just replaced by Bridgestone MY-01s. Those are sporty ones, meaning low-profile and with little bulge on the sidewalls. I felt they had more months of use on them but being more than 6 years old, I thought it was their time to go.
    My replacements are Goodyear Assurance TripleMax and so far I'm very satisfied. Higher Treadwear and Traction Ratings than the Bridgestones. Also low rolling resistance, so they save on fuel. Softer and more comfortable ride too. Got them from Servitek with lots of freebies, so I'm happy.

The things I miss about the Bridgestones are the quieter ride (but not by much), and sharper handling, especially on zigzag roads. But the latter is because they're sporty and low profile, which gives a more direct contact between the road and the wheel. But the price you pay for this is a stiffer ride, compared to balloon tires. I can't tell if there's much difference on wet or dry grip, because so far, the Goodyears are also doing great on both.

I would never bet my safety and that of my passengers on unknown, untested brands. Btw, the list of premium to budget tires above by *red_one is very helpful. Kudos for that.

Tires are some of the most expensive and most important purchases you'll make as a car owner. Do your homework and research before taking the plunge. It's literally what's connecting you to the road, so I can't over-emphasize the safety and performance aspects of it. Stay safe everyone and enjoy your ride.

Tip: S&R offers a wide selection of Tires at good prices. Just bring a friend who is a member because you can't buy if you are not a member.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nitto economy? Eh yung mga bling-bling-obsessed pickup/SUV owners mas pinipili pa yun over Bridgestone/Dunlop/Yoko. 😆

Pansin ko lang sa mga nag uupgrade madalas nakikita ko sa fb page na branded ung mga mags pero ang tires made in china. Ung iba mas mahalaga ang porma kesa safety ng sasakyan.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^marami ngang ganyan. I'd rather have stock wheels with premium tires rather than the other way around.

Sent from my 3310 using Tsikot Forums🙈🙉🙊💀💩

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by joms23 View Post
    Guys feedback naman regarding TOYO and MAXXIS tires? size 215/70/14

TIA
    Sorry if this reply is six years late. Just had the tires replaced on my ride, Suzuki APV.

Went to Tyremart last Saturday. I was already dead-set to use Dunlop SPLT5 , being my ride's current tires, but the manager made a last-ditch offer on Toyo H08 tires. I went for Toyo, because of the tire's manufacturing date, marked 2014. Dunlop tires are dated 2012. The Toyos are priced roughly a hundred pesos higher than Dunlop, at 4480.

First impressions, biglang gumaan ang manibela ko. As if I had no tires mounted at all. I just hope the lighter steering load would also translate to improved fuel mileage.

I was contemplating on using Toyos when its my other ride's, Ford Escape, turn to replace. But the price difference between to two are very far off. The Toyos are ranged at 11K, while the Dunlop is at 8K.

The Best Brand of Tires