New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    sir how much? hindi naman maingay?
    No, hindi maingay. It cost 3.3K a piece. But I was contemplating if I made a right choice because I just saw that Toyo Proxes T1R cost just about the same in S&R lol!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    No, hindi maingay. It cost 3.3K a piece. But I was contemplating if I made a right choice because I just saw that Toyo Proxes T1R cost just about the same in S&R lol!
    When S&R has a sale, do they lower their tyre prices too?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May discount din AFAIK. As to how much, i'm not sure since i never dare to go to S&R during their sales.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if i remember right, less 300 per tire nung SnR sale. + free nitrogen yata and vulcanizing for the life of the tire.

then minus the hassle of haggling pa hehe

BTT: currently using Toyo H08 light truck tires on our delivery van as per advice of Otep. so far so good. mas malalim yung grooves niya compared to the other tires we have. and it was priced similar to Thai made tires.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    May discount din AFAIK. As to how much, i'm not sure since i never dare to go to S&R during their sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    if i remember right, less 300 per tire nung SnR sale. + free nitrogen yata and vulcanizing for the life of the tire.

BTT: currently using Toyo H08 light truck tires on our delivery van as per advice of Otep. so far so good. mas malalim yung grooves niya compared to the other tires we have. and it was priced similar to Thai made tires.
    Thanks. It might be worth it to check it out next time. I got Michelins there in 2012 at a cheaper price than most other shops I asked at.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I recently bought a set of Dunlop LM703's size 235 50 r18 for about 6800 per tire at DKC. Originally wanted Toyo's, but the shop did not have any on stock. I came from Bridgestone Turanza's and was concerned about the tire noise issue raised. But I find the tire noise acceptable even on high speeds. Travelled to Tagaytay via SLEX over Christmas and Subic via NLEX SCTEX and I find the tire noise tolerable even when travelling at speeds over 100. My kid's never got disturbed from their sleep.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    I recently bought a set of Dunlop LM703's size 235 50 r18 for about 6800 per tire at DKC. Originally wanted Toyo's, but the shop did not have any on stock. I came from Bridgestone Turanza's and was concerned about the tire noise issue raised. But I find the tire noise acceptable even on high speeds. Travelled to Tagaytay via SLEX over Christmas and Subic via NLEX SCTEX and I find the tire noise tolerable even when travelling at speeds over 100. My kid's never got disturbed from their sleep.
    The tyre noise may increase as the tyre wears down. Mine have already gone 25,000kms at the least but the noise levels are still good and bearable on the highway. It may also be a factor that i air up at least 33psi on the tyres (although now i have taken a liking for the 35-37psi range).

The price DKC gave you seems good. I got my 215/50R17s from them at 5,500 per piece around a year and a half ago.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post

Better deal then! I will definitely try their Toyos next time.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Agree and I usually travel 10k kms per year and replace tires every 3 years. Even my almost 3 year old Turanzas were getting a bit noisier but bearable naman. Wanted Toyo's but no stock and 18" wheels are really expensive. The Toyo was originally quoted at 8300 and DKC only had 225 45 18's but were a bit small for my car. I was at Concept One the morning before it burned down to pick up my rims and they quoted at 9k per tire while Bridgestone and Michellin was at 10K +++ per tire. I always bought Toyo, but happy with the purchase so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The tyre noise may increase as the tyre wears down. Mine have already gone 25,000kms at the least but the noise levels are still good and bearable on the highway. It may also be a factor that i air up at least 33psi on the tyres (although now i have taken a liking for the 35-37psi range).

The price DKC gave you seems good. I got my 215/50R17s from them at 5,500 per piece around a year and a half ago.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sirs, pa suggest naman ng 205 70 15r pang innova po. upgrade ko lang from 65 series, para medyo tumangkad.

thank you..

The Best Brand of Tires