New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 97 of 151 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    dunlop- sumabog (no warning not even thin and we didint hit any shar object)
    falken- same as dunlop
    good year- deforms easily
    Case to case basis. I used dunlop lemans 225/40/18 before, never had problems with them.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'm using lm 703 now and ok naman tires. Using it for nearly a year walang sabog kahit madalas sa province.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexdrex View Post
    6-8k per piece bro
    Try bridgestone, da best ang performance. Current stock ko to sa auto ko (205/55/R16), subok ko na din sa long drives like Mountain Province and Quezon Province.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    dunlop- sumabog (no warning not even thin and we didint hit any shar object)
    falken- same as dunlop
    good year- deforms easily

current tires - nankang truck tires sa likod and yokohama sa front(di daw kasi pwede truck tires sa harap nasayad pag naliko)

all fitted on a 2009 toyota previa which we never overload

wrangler/trooper - mickey thompson
    What tire pressure do you use? We use both the Dunlop LM and Goodyear brands with no problems to our cars (province, heavy loads). Although there are better performing tyres then the LMs, pwede na for the price. Tyre pressure is 33psi at the least (although lately i've been going for 36psi cold).

Tyre quality is not on a brand-to-brand basis but also on a model-to-model basis. Each manufacturer has both good and bad models. I've had Michelins, Continental, Bridgestones and Dunlops that were crap too.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    We currently use Michelin, Bridgestone, Dunlop and Federal. We're quite happy with all of them. Federal for me is a value for money tyre but it is not high performance. It's just a good everyday tyre.

Previously, I've used Pirelli, Yokohama, Continental, Toyo, Nitto and Falken. These are also good but I just felt they wore down too fast with the exception of Yokohama.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    What would be the efffect in your vehicle if you replace your run-flat tyre to an ordinary tyre?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better ride. RFTs have stiffer sidewalls. Of course, you now need a spare.

Posted with TocinoTalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Ok ba yung kumho ecsta KU31 205/45/17 at 5300 per gulong sa Minerva West gate ako nag canvass at pang araw -araw gagamitin?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marion2 View Post
    Ok ba yung kumho ecsta KU31 205/45/17 at 5300 per gulong sa Minerva West gate ako nag canvass at pang araw -araw gagamitin?
    ang mahal naman nyan. ung same size ng neuton at achilles php3.7K lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marion2 View Post
    Price seems fair given it's an Ecsta line tyre already. Perhaps you can inquire from smaller shops to get a quote comparison. I was quoted P 5,500 for Dunlop LM703 215/50R17s a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    ang mahal naman nyan. ung same size ng neuton at achilles php3.7K lang.
    I still see Kumho as a brand that's notched higher than Achilles and Neuton given that Kumho is already used extensively as an OEM spec tyre brand in several region. It is still cheaper when compared to the mainstream Bridgestone, Goodyear, Yokohoma, etc. I have no experience with those brands yet (Achilles, Neuton, et. al.) so I cannot vouch for them just yet and i doubt i'll be trying them anytime soon since i'm very particular about the tyres i use.

The Best Brand of Tires