New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 151 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    In terms of the tyre brand out there in the market, do you have a listing wherein we classify the particular tyre brand as premium quality, good quality, and poor quality.
    this may be helpful, brands were grouped from premium to economy.

Tyres by Brand | the online tyre guide

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    this may be helpful, brands were grouped from premium to economy.

Tyres by Brand | the online tyre guide

Thank you sir! I was surprised that GT Radial is on the economy tyre category.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ano category dapat ang Gajah?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho i was surprised BFgoodrich, yokohama, toyo and falken.. are not in premium brands

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Same phenom IMO yang GT sa Vic at MRF na tires. Akala ng karamihang drivers porket marami nagbebenta eh yan na ang da best. Ayaw na subukan yung iba halos. Kaya nagkakaroon ng halo effect sa brand.

Tried BStone Dueller At's at GT Savero sa strada, mas madali mapudpod GT savero by almost 30% in my estimation. ganun kalayo. sa GT savero 4 years max lang, sa Bstoe inabot ng 6 years.

MRF sa mga big tires? mas ok pa Apollo. At mas mura.

Vic oil filter, marami better at mas mura. Sa Bosch na lang wala na siya panama eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako din.. tagal ko nang suki ng vic.. hehe until i saw the thread.. halos doble pa naman presyo ng vic.. hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    saan ba sa south ang tire shop na ok na nag bebenta ng nankang, kumho, at hankook? tnx
    bro, sa minerva meron.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Anyone who has experience with Runway tires?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just keep wondering lately what makes those Taiwan, China and Indonesian tire brands cheaper then the usual tires we know from before? Brand pricing? Quality of materials? R&D?

Place of manufacture or labor probably isnt really much since the big brands also have manufacturing facilities in similar places.

When i was shopping the other week for tires to put on the rims i got for my daily drive, the price range of the tire size i was looking for (215/50R17) ranged from 3K+ for the China/Indonesian brands to 8K for the premium brands. I settled for the bukol notorious Dunlop's at 5.5K per pop because i couldnt find Kumho Ecstas in those size (retail at 6K+) while the Toyos were too pricey for the budget i had set, at 8K+ per tire. Goodyear, Yokohoma and Bridgestone did not have any stock of the size i wanted.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Anyone who has experience with Runway tires?
    Cheap tire na madali mapudpod but so far yan ginagamit ng mga GT express vans dito sa amin kasi nga mura. Hindi naman nababalita na pumuputok or nagkakabukol but madali mapudpod. For a light vehicle na hindi naman performance car puwede na din siguro.

Won't buy one though.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

The Best Brand of Tires