New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 151 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    Avoid, or better yet, do not buy goodyear assurance brand. Think more than twice when buying tires, even they come with some kind of promotional offers. Be wary of them. I bought a set of four in January this year. After a month use, I noticed the slits at the outermost part of the tire (it is also where the waffle blade system is located) opened up about half centimeter. Not only the looks of the tire affected, but also peace of mind. So, I had them replaced. Unfortunately, after lengthy and tedious talks with the staff at the distributor in alabang, they told me that the only available model is their Assurance... :fire:... By the way, the store manager and the goodyear representative were nowhere to find...:arghhh:

Better brands to choose from:

Dunlop
    Bridgestone
    Pirelli
    Michelin
    Yokohama
    DOH

Well, so much for "assurance".

Its not really a case of one tire brand is better than another as its more dependent on model, design and type (and perhaps where its made). Yokohoma had its duds, Dunlop had its duds, etc etc...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    if you're on a tight budget, try westlake tires.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Just don't buy the Goodyear Assurance brand... Check out the other reviews/complaints for this model. The company may have or has already come out with a marketing strategy to push their sales for this brand.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    Just don't buy the Goodyear Assurance brand... Check out the other reviews/complaints for this model. The company may have or has already come out with a marketing strategy to push their sales for this brand.
    Sama talaga ng experience mo dyan ah. Medyo bad reputation na nga goodyear even for big trucks.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Ako i bought maxxis [SIZE=2]MA-Z4S Victra[/SIZE]
    195/55/R15 1 month ko ng gamit ang ganda... tahimik... costs 3,500 each.... Pero kung sa evangelista ka bibili may 2,900... Sa akin kasi kaya 3,500 nasa loob ng village naka pwesto..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    *vanerz, and other ka-tsikoteers,

ask ko lang what you got to replace your Civic FD 1.8s R16s Turanza? Did you get the Yokohama A.Drives?

Or if you have the Yokohama A.Drives, did you get the same or other brand/model?

And how much per wheel?

Also pag nagpapalit kayo do you keep the old spare? So you just need to buy 4 new set of tires?

And any tips where to buy tire at a good/cheap price but good quality? Preferably in North Metro Manila area up to Pasig/Ortigas Biz district, San Juan area.

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi neuton, westlake and maxxis users... Please post reviews of these tire brands. I'm getting tires maybe this week. Size is 215- 55 r/17 for my innova.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I'd like to share the following link, it is quite useful. Altho they talk about run flats, i think the comparison would likely be the same for their regular tires.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product...t_runflat.html

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I buy my tires from INTENSITY in cubao.. Ok prices nila for BRIDGESTONE. ok din service nila. Last time, within 2-3 hours total, they went to my house, jacked the car and took all 4 wheels, took them to their shop, touched up the rims (removed small scratches), replaced and balanced the tires, returned to my house and installed them back on.

I was in the office and by phone lang supervision ko. By the time i got home, bago na lahat ng gulong.

Share ko lang tire change story ko -- I decided to go from bridgestone re050a RFT to bridgestone re001 adrenalin non RFT. I thought about it long and hard.. Sobra kasing tagtag ng ride and I have read and was told that ganon talaga ang RFTs. When people ride with me in that car, some actually comment on how hard the ride is! Hehe So I decided I'l upgrade / downgrade (depends how you look at it) to regular performance tires. WORLDS APART ANG COMFORT. Im very happy with them! NO REGRETS (until I get a flat) hehe..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioKnight View Post
    I buy my tires from INTENSITY in cubao.. Ok prices nila for BRIDGESTONE. ok din service nila. Last time, within 2-3 hours total, they went to my house, jacked the car and took all 4 wheels, took them to their shop, touched up the rims (removed small scratches), replaced and balanced the tires, returned to my house and installed them back on.

I was in the office and by phone lang supervision ko. By the time i got home, bago na lahat ng gulong.

Share ko lang tire change story ko -- I decided to go from bridgestone re050a RFT to bridgestone re001 adrenalin non RFT. I thought about it long and hard.. Sobra kasing tagtag ng ride and I have read and was told that ganon talaga ang RFTs. When people ride with me in that car, some actually comment on how hard the ride is! Hehe So I decided I'l upgrade / downgrade (depends how you look at it) to regular performance tires. WORLDS APART ANG COMFORT. Im very happy with them! NO REGRETS (until I get a flat) hehe..
    Thanks for sharing. Will try to check out Intensity.

The Best Brand of Tires