New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 64 of 151 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    The Best is where can we buy good quality tire with cheaper price?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hi everyone. newbie here. i plan to replace the 4 yrs. old bridgestone turanza (e-30 205/55/r16) set of my civic 1.8S FD. can anyone recommend a good replacement?

i really don't need anything fancy as long as they're safe, not of cheap quality (well not too expensive too), and that they'll last.

thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vanerz View Post
    hi everyone. newbie here. i plan to replace the 4 yrs. old bridgestone turanza (e-30 205/55/r16) set of my civic 1.8S FD. can anyone recommend a good replacement?

i really don't need anything fancy as long as they're safe, not of cheap quality (well not too expensive too), and that they'll last.

thanks!
    I hear good things about the Yokohama A/C Drives.

The newer FDs are equipped with the A Drive (same 205/55/16). Pansin ko the ride is less harsh and is quieter compared to the POS turanzas.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    + 1 on mda's post... I got the A-Drive set on my FD last October. Still with road noise but ang layo ng difference sa pinalitang Turanzas.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yeah, i've been hearing good things also about the a-drive of yokohama. in my experience, the turanzas (at least the e-30s) get easily worn out considering, in my 4 years that i've had my FD, i've only traveled short distances (ortigas to makati usually).

any idea which one's better though...the a-drive or the c-drive? i noticed that only the a-drive has the measurements i'm looking for. the closest one that the c-drive offers is 205/60/r16. you think that'd be okay?

also, do you think it's worth investing on the s-drive? if so, you know any place i could get them?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ halos same price lang naman ata yokohama at bridgestone di ba? or dito lang sa amin?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vanerz View Post
    yeah, i've been hearing good things also about the a-drive of yokohama. in my experience, the turanzas (at least the e-30s) get easily worn out considering, in my 4 years that i've had my FD, i've only traveled short distances (ortigas to makati usually).

any idea which one's better though...the a-drive or the c-drive? i noticed that only the a-drive has the measurements i'm looking for. the closest one that the c-drive offers is 205/60/r16. you think that'd be okay?

also, do you think it's worth investing on the s-drive? if so, you know any place i could get them?
    S. Drives sacrifice comfort/road noise for grip, C. Drives are the opposite. A. Drives are somewhat in the happy medium (nearer to the C. Drives yata).

Mag A. Drives ka nalang. Can't go wrong with those. S. Drives if you plan to track or something :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A-drives are okay. For Turanza, im happy with the GR series i had before (not the ER or AR).

Bought tires last weekend and prices went up just this month. Got my 205/60R15 Goodyear Assurance for 3.5K per piece (price of the same tire has gone up to 4k levels already).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Avoid, or better yet, do not buy goodyear assurance brand. Think more than twice when buying tires, even they come with some kind of promotional offers. Be wary of them. I bought a set of four in January this year. After a month use, I noticed the slits at the outermost part of the tire (it is also where the waffle blade system is located) opened up about half centimeter. Not only the looks of the tire affected, but also peace of mind. So, I had them replaced. Unfortunately, after lengthy and tedious talks with the staff at the distributor in alabang, they told me that the only available model is their Assurance... :fire:... By the way, the store manager and the goodyear representative were nowhere to find...:arghhh:

Better brands to choose from:

Dunlop
    Bridgestone
    Pirelli
    Michelin
    Yokohama

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I suggest that you go to Tirerack.com and search for summer tires. More or less, summer tires are the ones that will likely work well in Philippine roads. Having said that, when I read the reviews, I discovered Kumho's KU31, so those were the tires I placed on my ride. Value for money, top performing tire compared to the A-Drives, NCT 5s, S-Drives, or Dunlops in this category.

Go get it at Tire Depot. Hope this helps.

The Best Brand of Tires