New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 151 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fermontalban View Post
    Hello everyone!

Inquire lang ako for a feedback. I will be replacing all my tires for our Altis and would want to stay with 195/60/15. I'm from Las Pinas and would want to ask what tire would you guys recommend? Probably from Tire Gallery at Westgate or from Goodyear Alabang. Or can you suggest somewhere near which is better? Budget is around 3.5k+/tire. The car specifically travels from Las Pinas to Makati to Sta. Mesa,Manila everyday through SLEX with maybe a trip to Tagaytay once a month. Priority is comfort and durability.

Ang dami kasing choices (Bridgestone,Yoko,Nexxen,Goodyear,etc...) and I don't know anything about tires. Kinopya ko lang yung specs na 195/60/15 sa current tires ko. Pwede ba baguhin yung specs without changing the stock rims? If pwede and it will allow me to buy a better tire, what would you recommend?
    extend your budget a bit and look into the michelin pilot preceda 2. And try to change the size to 205/55/15.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    extend your budget a bit and look into the michelin pilot preceda 2. And try to change the size to 205/55/15.
    hala... was actually looking at Goodyear and Bridgestone AR10 already. Is there a seller of Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 here in the south? Would 205/55/15 not a problem with my current rims and car and more importantly will there be benefits gained?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hala... was actually looking at Goodyear and Bridgestone AR10 already. Is there a seller of Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 here in the south? Would 205/55/15 not a problem with my current rims and car and more importantly will there be benefits gained?

ala... hwag mo ng pansinin yang si SQ, parati namang nakakagulo yan eh... hehehe. go for the goodyear model or bridgestone....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ahhh . . magkano naman daw sir? Check mo nalang po baka may michelin din sila. nope fit yan, 1.8G sayo diba? i have one too...

Benefits? yeah, check the labels :bwahaha: joke. seriously IMO the PP2 would give you a better grip than the ar10 and its UHP tire. Meaning Ultra high performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ala... hwag mo ng pansinin yang si SQ, parati namang nakakagulo yan eh... hehehe. go for the goodyear model or bridgestone....

Nakow nakow vladimir buti di mo siningit nexxen and GT champriro? :peace: hahaha

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rai711 View Post
    Any idea kung how much 19555 R15? any brand and cheaper one?

Gajah Tungal-?

Yokohama-?

Dunlop-?

dunlop is about 3.3-4K php for that size. nabalitaan ko din locally made siya like yokos, or is it yokos only? correct me if im wrong gurus. cheapest ang GT among those three brands.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post

+1 sa tire size for additional grip and better handling

the best tire for value, comfort and performance is the goodyear eagle f1.
    - high grip on wet and dry roads.
    - treadwear 280 (mas matagal mapudpod) (mas mahal man ng konti sa regular tires, mas matagal naman mapudpod kaya halos pareho lang. tsaka konti lang difference ng price sa lower end models.
    - quiet and comfortable ride unlike other high performance tires

ps: I'm not a goodyear dealer. I'm just stating my experience with these tires.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i really have no idea with tire brands. anybody can help me which tire would provide me good threadwear and comfort and di maingay. i'm looking for 205/50/16 tires. choices so far are Toyo DRB, Bridgestone Adrenalin, Goodyear Eagle F1 (haven't asked kung meron specs that i'm looking for), and Yokohoma S-Drive. anything else you can recommend that would suit what i'm looking for?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last January I decided to try out a different tire brand: Toyo.

I was looking for the Proxes T1R for the 205/45R16 size, but found that it wasn't available. I tried the available tire, the Proxes 4, classified as a high performance all-season tire.
    http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-4

The Proxes 4s are hard-wearing, rated at 300 treadwear. They're not the ultimate grippiest tires but they do offer plenty of it, as evidenced by good performance at Subic International Raceway. They do tend to fade in performance after about 7 hot laps of the track due to heat buildup.

On the street they're very good. They evacuate water well and are not as noisy as higher-performance rubber. At the 205/45R16 size they are also "reinforced," meaning they can carry slightly heavier loads when 5 psi is added to the normal tire pressures.

The only caveat is the price as it's slightly more expensive than the competition. However they're well worth the expense and they'll definitely last quite a while.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Last January I decided to try out a different tire brand: Toyo.

I was looking for the Proxes T1R for the 205/45R16 size, but found that it wasn't available. I tried the available tire, the Proxes 4, classified as a high performance all-season tire.
    http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-4

The Proxes 4s are hard-wearing, rated at 300 treadwear. They're not the ultimate grippiest tires but they do offer plenty of it, as evidenced by good performance at Subic International Raceway. They do tend to fade in performance after about 7 hot laps of the track due to heat buildup.

On the street they're very good. They evacuate water well and are not as noisy as higher-performance rubber. At the 205/45R16 size they are also "reinforced," meaning they can carry slightly heavier loads when 5 psi is added to the normal tire pressures.

The only caveat is the price as it's slightly more expensive than the competition. However they're well worth the expense and they'll definitely last quite a while.
    Sang dealer ka nakakuha bro?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Is there a big difference between 195/60/15 and 195/65/15? A difference that you can really feel in actual road conditions? Can you tell the difference between the two when you are riding the car?

The Best Brand of Tires