New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 151 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i have already bought this goodyear assurance tire at Php 3,600/pc. so far ok naman. na notice ko lang na dun sa garahe ko biglang nagkaron ng bakas ng tire tread. di kaya madaling mapudpud yung tire ko? or baka dahil bago lang?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    i have already bought this goodyear assurance tire at Php 3,600/pc. so far ok naman. na notice ko lang na dun sa garahe ko biglang nagkaron ng bakas ng tire tread. di kaya madaling mapudpud yung tire ko? or baka dahil bago lang?
    Parang gusto ko rin ng Goodyear Assurance as replacement for stock Innova tires na Yokohama Aspec but I'm also considering Goodyear Fortera na 70 series para mas maganda ang ride comfort.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Any idea kung how much 195\55 R15? any brand and cheaper one?

Gajah Tungal-?

Yokohama-?

Dunlop-?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i got some recommendation and after reading reviews... i chose Bridgestone Turanza GR-80.... so far so good... i'll be monitoring it to see how they perform...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    ano pala 205/70 R15 i checked again. and im using goodyear fortera.

meron ba nakagamit na? can share kung matibay sya and how many years niyo nagamit?

thank to all.
    I've always used GOODYEAR Tires on my pickups (naka-dalawang L200 na ako) and they've been very reliable and very sturdy.

The 205/70/R15 Fortera's on my L200 now have already served me beyond their expected lives (although they've never seen too much road, i don't travel long distances much).

:2thumbsup: to Goodyear!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hello everyone!

Inquire lang ako for a feedback. I will be replacing all my tires for our Altis and would want to stay with 195/60/15. I'm from Las Pinas and would want to ask what tire would you guys recommend? Probably from Tire Gallery at Westgate or from Goodyear Alabang. Or can you suggest somewhere near which is better? Budget is around 3.5k+/tire. The car specifically travels from Las Pinas to Makati to Sta. Mesa,Manila everyday through SLEX with maybe a trip to Tagaytay once a month. Priority is comfort and durability.

Ang dami kasing choices (Bridgestone,Yoko,Nexxen,Goodyear,etc...) and I don't know anything about tires. Kinopya ko lang yung specs na 195/60/15 sa current tires ko. Pwede ba baguhin yung specs without changing the stock rims? If pwede and it will allow me to buy a better tire, what would you recommend?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fermontalban View Post
    Hello everyone!

Inquire lang ako for a feedback. I will be replacing all my tires for our Altis and would want to stay with 195/60/15. I'm from Las Pinas and would want to ask what tire would you guys recommend? Probably from Tire Gallery at Westgate or from Goodyear Alabang. Or can you suggest somewhere near which is better? Budget is around 3.5k+/tire. The car specifically travels from Las Pinas to Makati to Sta. Mesa,Manila everyday through SLEX with maybe a trip to Tagaytay once a month. Priority is comfort and durability.

Ang dami kasing choices (Bridgestone,Yoko,Nexxen,Goodyear,etc...) and I don't know anything about tires. Kinopya ko lang yung specs na 195/60/15 sa current tires ko. Pwede ba baguhin yung specs without changing the stock rims? If pwede and it will allow me to buy a better tire, what would you recommend?
    ei, i am from las pinas too and based on my experience, both Minerva tire gallery and Goodyear alabang carry excellent tire brands. it would just depend on your budget and brand choice. but as far as i am concerned, bridgestone is one the the best brands available. you can go to minerva and ask how much it costs. libre na mounting dun, tire balancing, nitrogen and alignment check.

i myself have bought my nexxen tires there two months ago.

on your second question, pwede mo sya baguhin, pero what size are you planning to have it changed? mas maliit ba? o mas mataas? imho, if i were you, i will just follow your current tire size of 195/60/15, para walang mababago sa ride quality.

and yes, if you can afford a michelin, why not?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ei, i am from las pinas too and based on my experience, both Minerva tire gallery and Goodyear alabang carry excellent tire brands. it would just depend on your budget and brand choice. but as far as i am concerned, bridgestone is one the the best brands available. you can go to minerva and ask how much it costs. libre na mounting dun, tire balancing, nitrogen and alignment check.

i myself have bought my nexxen tires there two months ago.

on your second question, pwede mo sya baguhin, pero what size are you planning to have it changed? mas maliit ba? o mas mataas? imho, if i were you, i will just follow your current tire size of 195/60/15, para walang mababago sa ride quality.

and yes, if you can afford a michelin, why not?
    Thank you for the input. I called Tire Gallery and they are offering me the Bridgestone Turanza AR10, which I might go for. Any feedback about this type of tire? Would Goodyear have something better?

And also, I guess I'll just stay with my current tire size. What I was thinking, if comfort will increase by changing tire size with out sacrificing durability and change of the rims, I'd go for that option.

What made you decide to buy the nexxen? I asked about the tires and the difference between the nexxen, yokohama and bridgestone is just around Php300.00 only. They said Michelin is not available. If it would be a better choice, should I just order and wait for it? Budget is also considered but not really high on our priority. It really is comfort and durability.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fermontalban View Post
    Thank you for the input. I called Tire Gallery and they are offering me the Bridgestone Turanza AR10, which I might go for. Any feedback about this type of tire? Would Goodyear have something better?

And also, I guess I'll just stay with my current tire size. What I was thinking, if comfort will increase by changing tire size with out sacrificing durability and change of the rims, I'd go for that option.

What made you decide to buy the nexxen? I asked about the tires and the difference between the nexxen, yokohama and bridgestone is just around Php300.00 only. They said Michelin is not available. If it would be a better choice, should I just order and wait for it? Budget is also considered but not really high on our priority. It really is comfort and durability.
    Turanza is good, but i think Goodyear has a brand new brand with kevlar. I just forgot the name and i really do not have any idea on the cost. Much better if you can also call servitek.

what made me decide to buy nexxen? budgetary considerations is my first priority, second is grip. so far, i think i had made the right decision. and besides, i have the knack for trying out not so known branded tires too. I had tried Achilles, Kumho, Gajah Tunggal,and Federals (that is when Federal was really new here in the Philippines).

on the tire size, are you using the stock altis mags? if you are, not a wise idea on changing your tire size. using a 195/65/15 would really tend to make your rims smaller, and using 195/55/15 would increase the fender-tire gap of your car. will not look good too.

i think the bridgestone would be fit for you, but i suggest that you call first servitek to check the tire that i have stated above. if the cost difference is minimal, then dun ako sa goodyear.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Turanza is good, but i think Goodyear has a brand new brand with kevlar. I just forgot the name and i really do not have any idea on the cost. Much better if you can also call servitek.

what made me decide to buy nexxen? budgetary considerations is my first priority, second is grip. so far, i think i had made the right decision. and besides, i have the knack for trying out not so known branded tires too. I had tried Achilles, Kumho, Gajah Tunggal,and Federals (that is when Federal was really new here in the Philippines).

on the tire size, are you using the stock altis mags? if you are, not a wise idea on changing your tire size. using a 195/65/15 would really tend to make your rims smaller, and using 195/55/15 would increase the fender-tire gap of your car. will not look good too.

i think the bridgestone would be fit for you, but i suggest that you call first servitek to check the tire that i have stated above. if the cost difference is minimal, then dun ako sa goodyear.
    Thanks again. I'm just be sticking with the popular brands for the time being, I'm not too daring enough to try others at the moment. But given good pricing and a lot of reputable feedbacks, I might consider them as well.

Yes, I have the stock rims. Actually, I never considered changing tire size, it was more like just a "what if?" scenario. Also, based on what you said, I'll just stick with my current size.

Would the Goodyear tire be the Assurance or Excellence?

I'll probably just drop by Goodyear and inquire about their tires. If they are good, then I'll get from them. If not, I'll just head on over to Tire Gallery for the Bridgestone. Thanks again!

The Best Brand of Tires