New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 151 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ej_saiyajin4 View Post
    what about dunlop?
    General consensus is that Dunlops are the worst in terms of resiliency against hitting ruts. If you hit a particularly hard rut, chances are the Dunlop rubber will either develop a lump or blister on the sidewall or succumb to the damage altogether.

They've improved over the years but are still no match in terms of rut resiliency compared to other brands. So if you do want Dunlops, be extra wary of bad roads.

In most other respects they're pretty good.

===
    I'm a longtime Bridgestone user myself. Their Turanza GR-80s were nice, quiet, hard-wearing but grippy tires.

The Potenza S-02 Pole Positions I use now are very grippy but relatively noisy and have a low treadwear rating (180). The S-02s are quite highly rated; some feel the later S-03PP and Adrenalin RE001 that replaced it were steps backward. For performance rubber they're also quite cheap nowadays---got my 205/45ZR16s for PhP3000 apiece.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    General consensus is that Dunlops are the worst in terms of resiliency against hitting ruts. If you hit a particularly hard rut, chances are the Dunlop rubber will either develop a lump or blister on the sidewall or succumb to the damage altogether.

They've improved over the years but are still no match in terms of rut resiliency compared to other brands. So if you do want Dunlops, be extra wary of bad roads.

eh sa Pinas lahat bad roads

But I agree with you. Had a few Dunlops fail. 1 blow out, 2 oblong, 1 bukol

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Turanza GR80s are great, IMHO... but the Turanza ER30's are just above average, for me...

*Si06: RE050As? What do you have them on, bro? The Civic? I first tried these tires on the new Mazda6... I think they're great, and I might "downgrade" to these frm the Neovas for a daily tire... Neovas are getting expensive, and I need to save them for track days.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Turanza GR80s are great, IMHO... but the Turanza ER30's are just above average, for me...

*Si06: RE050As? What do you have them on, bro? The Civic? I first tried these tires on the new Mazda6... I think they're great, and I might "downgrade" to these frm the Neovas for a daily tire... Neovas are getting expensive, and I need to save them for track days.
    The REO50A's came stock with my Mazdaspeed3. 215/45-18 discounted is around 15k each from Bridgestone. How expensive are Neovas?
    Last edited by Si 06; April 9th, 2008 at 09:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post

===
    I'm a longtime Bridgestone user myself. Their Turanza GR-80s were nice, quiet, hard-wearing but grippy tires.

The Potenza S-02 Pole Positions I use now are very grippy but relatively noisy and have a low treadwear rating (180). The S-02s are quite highly rated; some feel the later S-03PP and Adrenalin RE001 that replaced it were steps backward. For performance rubber they're also quite cheap nowadays---got my 205/45ZR16s for PhP3000 apiece.
    Potenza S-02 205-45-16 at 3k*? wow, that's really cheap. what's the shop and their address? sana may stocks pa..
    Last edited by roi606; April 9th, 2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: unfinished message..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Roi606:
    Bought my rubber at Wheelhaus Marketing along Evangelista St., Makati. It's a couple intersections from Freddies/Princess.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Calling the ER30s "above average" is actually pretty generous. Autocar UK tested them back in December 2004 and they fared the worst of the five family-car tires they tested back then. They only shone in the dry handling tests.

Just goes to show that all tiremakers make proverbial "bad apples" once in a while. Yokohama had its notorious S306s, for instance...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    the best i've tried so far are the bridgestone 360. too bad discontinued na ito dito.

purchased a set of DUCARO GA for 10k with free mounting and balancing. initial comment ko during city driving ay super quiet sya compared dun sa dating nakakabit na kumhos. will try it this weekend for a long drive though..

ducaro ga: treadwear-240, traction-A, temperature-A, rating-86H

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gentlemen, any reviews and insights on Kumho Ecsta ASX or Kumho Solus KH16? I don't know if they sell those there but maybe you can shed some light. Tirerack rates them very good, bang for the buck. I'm only looking to replace our wagon's stock tires (195/65/15) and can get those Kumho's at $51-$56 each. Maybe you can provide your own insight thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Gentlemen, any reviews and insights on Kumho Ecsta ASX or Kumho Solus KH16? I don't know if they sell those there but maybe you can shed some light. Tirerack rates them very good, bang for the buck. I'm only looking to replace our wagon's stock tires (195/65/15) and can get those Kumho's at $51-$56 each. Maybe you can provide your own insight thanks
    Well since your using it for a wagon I'd get the KH16 since it has a 60K warranty as opposed to the 30K warranty of the ASX. Where you getting it from?

The Best Brand of Tires