New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 151 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Blue View Post
    I have a question lang po i have a toyota corona with tires Goodyear 195/60R14 and i want to replace it with Michellin with 185/65R14 puwede kaya ito? Kasi ang corona is bigger because my michellin will come from my civic because i bought new mags and sayang ung goma kasi bago pa at Michellin at ang mahal per peice

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Blue
    Thanks very much i just bought Goodyear F1 they are fantastic gives a good grip on the road and quiet performance

I'm guessing those michelins are XM1s , Could you tell me what's quieter in your experience- is it the michelins or the goodyear?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Would anyone have any feedback regarding ACCELERA tires from Indonesia?
    Any pros and cons?

They are pretty economical at Php 1,850 each at 185 65 R14 compared to the Php2,300++ price ranges of GY, Yokohama and Dunlop brands.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by forcemajeure View Post
    continental tires made in germany ok kaya ito?
    Dunno if Continental tires available here are still produced in Germany, Malaysia probably. You're better off with 'tropicalized' rubber that is suited for our hot climates.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    what about FEDERAL tires?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    what about FEDERAL tires?
    i've used FEDS before. they tend to wear out prematurely, but they are cheap... in fact, in normal use and in good camber, i wore out my tires in 2 years.

best brand? afaik, its Michelin....happy user here. My next choice would be the Good Year Ducaros...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Old Federals were crap. Total crap. I had the previous Federal 595 SS, which were supposedly sporty tires... they wiggled when new, wore down quickly, and weren't really any grippier than my Gajah Tunggal Champiros... which, though they were noisy, were durable as hell.

Some kid rear-ended me in Baguio... braked early, locked up, skidded straight into me, even if he had lots of space to brake (the tires marks were looooong) and he wasn't going that fast. Old Federal Super Steels... Crap crap crap.

The NEW Federals, though, are supposed to be good... some racers swear by the Federal SS and RS 595s (the SS has been superseded by the EVO), but I don't know if they're any more durable than before. Up to you to decide if you want to take the risk on their non-sports tires... but if you're looking for cheap sports tires, the new EVOs are worth a shot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Old Federals were crap. Total crap. I had the previous Federal 595 SS, which were supposedly sporty tires... they wiggled when new, wore down quickly, and weren't really any grippier than my Gajah Tunggal Champiros... which, though they were noisy, were durable as hell.

Some kid rear-ended me in Baguio... braked early, locked up, skidded straight into me, even if he had lots of space to brake (the tires marks were looooong) and he wasn't going that fast. Old Federal Super Steels... Crap crap crap.

The NEW Federals, though, are supposed to be good... some racers swear by the Federal SS and RS 595s (the SS has been superseded by the EVO), but I don't know if they're any more durable than before. Up to you to decide if you want to take the risk on their non-sports tires... but if you're looking for cheap sports tires, the new EVOs are worth a shot.
    know of any shops with Federal tires?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    what about dunlop?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    New Federals? Minerva Alabang has them, I think. I don't know if Servitek carries them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bridgestone Potenza REO50A the best I've tried so far.

The Best Brand of Tires