New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Particularly for SUV applications. Particularly the Discoverer ATR.

Any comments?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Got 4 Cooper Discoverer ATR tires April 10 for my '95 Nissan Patrol/Safari at P6,200.00 a piece, bought here in Baguio from J2 Tire Supply, an alternative mid-cost compared to high cost Michelin, Bridgetone, Pirelli, and Dunlop. Previously had been dismayed w/ Dunlop Grandtrek AT2 which showed cracks in-between wall/outer lugs almost the entire tires after 1 1/2 year.
    Before I bought the tires, did surf Cooper Tire webs for reviews. Some we're praises (95,000km mileage and still a bit of tread left) and other reviews not that good (25,000km and almost worn out).
    Having the tires now at 450kms with 30psi tire pressure (break-in mileage is 800km with minimal braking, really slow down on curves and humps, avoiding jackrabbit starts and especially potholes) , i'd say 'makapit' sa paved road, although those 'hairs' protruding when new is now gone, parang mabilis mapudpod. Of course tire wear highly depends on driving habits and care.
    Although its still new with me, i'd say it's relatively a respectable tire in consonance to its price.

Hope this helps. Ciao and Safe trucking.

armie g catalan

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Excellent info sir

Thanks for the heads up. Nice nice.

Any feedbacks on COOPER Tires?