New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    My 2004 Altis 1.6E CV joint is defective. Toyota Manila Bay quote for just 1 side CV joint is P25,000 for the part alone, wala pa labor cost. According to them, you have to buy the whole drive shaft assembly since it is sold as one set.

Anyone have experience having their Altis' CV joint replaced. Are there any repair shops who can replace the CV joint only. Any auto supply shop selling the CV joint only, even if not OEM, just replacement?

Thanks for sharing.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    akala ko nagkalat ang piyesa nyan?? toyota eh...

alam mo naman casa eh,, laging assembly ang usapan dyan..pag assembly kasi malaki kita.. mas madali pa ikabit...

pwede yan CV joint lang.. inner or outer?? dapat kasi inaalagan yung CV boots at iwas sa baha para hindi masira yung CV joint

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    try the non-casa parts stores. pasay rotonda... pedro gil corner benitez.. banawe! i am confident you can get what you need for less than half the casa price, including labor.
    yes, casa deals only with assemblies. that way, back jobs are minimized, and profits are maximized. i once brought my MT to them because the stickshift already had too much play. they wanted to replace the entire stick assembly, and i'd have to wait at least one day! i brought my car to banawe. had the bushings replaced for less than 50% of casa part price, in less than an hour.
    of course, knowing your car minimizes the chances of getting ripped off.. there are rip-offers everywhere..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can get CV joints from Toyota part shops like Aerodynamic (Masangkay), Gant (Pasay Taft), Toyorama and NGK (Banawe), and Celica (Araneta Ave).... baka kahit Mercury Drug sa kanto niyo meron... hehehe.

Take it to your suking Servitek or gas station or mechanic tapos palit and repack.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FYI: aerodynamics and celica are owned by the same family that owns Toyota QA and commonwealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    FYI: aerodynamics and celica are owned by the same family that owns Toyota QA and commonwealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Pati NGK has the same owner (or family?) as Aerodynamic.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for the replies. I will be checking the mentioned auto supply shops.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wandrokulit View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I will be checking the mentioned auto supply shops.

The price before was P33k+ per side. Yes its an assembly that includes the inner & outer axle shafts. There are lots of notable CV joints for the 9th gen Altis. One of them is the Federal Mogul brand. You can also check out slightly used surplus CV Joint axleshaft assembly. You can check the altis owners site for more inputs: www.altisclubzz.com

Cheers

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Solved!!! I was able to buy outer CV Joint part only (Federal Mogul brand, thanks to LN106G's tip): Final Cost: outer CV joint: P1,950, labor (P600), Total Cost = P2,550. . So those of you Altis owners who have this problem, don't worry. Best way is prevention, pag me tagas na ang boot, pa re pack agad. Thanks everyone.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nagtaka ka pa, casa yan e ang basahan nga or rag, P500...

Dalhin mo sa banawe yan.Kay richcar pwede, hanapin mo si lexter, sabihin mo nirefer ka ni oli naka pajerong pula.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast